Chapter 37 Academia Attacks

In the duel arena, Melissa says, "Now ladies and gentlemen, with Yuya and Risu's duel, everyone is getting excited to see the final match of the semi-finals! Now for the last duel, we have-"

Just then, Antique Gear Chaos Giants appear out of nowhere and the crowds are surprised. Melissa says, "Huh? Isn't that the giant monster that Dennis used back then?"

One of the giant target the stadium and shoot out the beams, destroying the stadium. Followed by other giants. Everyone now starts screaming as they quickly run out of the Stadium.

"What is going on!" Melissa says. "The city is under attack by those giants!" Then rubble comes as Melissa barely dodges.

As both Commons and Tops rush outside the stadium, only to meet several Academia students. One Common asks, "Who are you guys?"

But then he is silenced when the blue-uniformed student seals him in a card, causing both Tops and Commons to be shocked. Another one says, "You're be sharing the same fate as him."

Yugo just returns to the scene as he holds his head. "What was I...? It felt like I was Dueling...Was I dreaming?" but before he can answer himself, he hears explosions and turns around. They see some students and giants he saw in the Heartland destroying everything in the way.

"Damn it! They are here as well?" Yugo yells angrily as he goes to chase after them.

At the Capitol Building, Sergey exits the Van. Roget says, "Do not leave your post. Hold your current line of defense and leave intercepting the enemy to Sergey."

And inside the council building, the council and Reiji are looking at the screen of how people are running away from Acdamia.

"So are those the Academia folks you were talking about from the Fusion Dimension?" White Taki asks.

"Yes. They're here for the invasion." Reiji says.

"Unbelievable... Not only is there Security's barricade, but now Academia as well?" Gael says.

"Even though you may be a skilled Duelist, that many enemies are dangerous... Will you be alright?" Azul asks.

"B-Besides, didn't you come here to protect us from something like this happening?!" Grey questions.

"We came here to fight with you." Reiji replies.

"But with the majority of your comrades being sent underground... It seems like your Lancers aren't very reliable." White Taki says.

"When they're aware of the situation they will make the proper moves on their own... On the other hand though..." Reiji thinks.

Melissa is dodging the beams and says, "Right now the city is in total disaster. People with some weird uniforms start to turn people into cards! How is that even possible? Is this even a Magic Show?"

Reiji thinks, "But to think these people aren't even capable of discerning between what is happening to them as an event or not... This might be a good opportunity, to determine whether the Synchro Dimension will agree to work together or not... It will depend on how they handle this situation..."

Yugo tries to run away from those Academia students until a hand grabs him and takes him into an alley.

"Huh? Rin? RIIIN!" Yugo exclaims as he sees her, but Rin hits him hard as she says, "Quiet, you want us to get caught, you baka?"

Then they look outside, the Academia doesn't see them as they run past. Once they feel like they are safe, Yugo hugs Rin, and she didn't stop the hug.

"By the way, what are you doing here? Rin?" Yugo asks in confusion. "And importantly, does that mean Yuzu is inside you?"