Chapter 53 A Vicious Cycle

"It's no use! The elevator isn't running! Use the emergency stairs!" The members of the Security are running as Roger and Yuzu descend in an elevator, entering a vast room with a pillar in the middle and only four walkways extending from it in the shape of a cross to support it.

"You're awful! Not only do you use that dirty trick during our Duel, but you also stop all the elevators but your own so only you can get away!" Yuzu yells.

"There is no reason for a true winner to take pity on the weak! That is the true path to victory!" Roget retorts.

"No, you aren't the winner! You've already lost! Yuya won and united the City! That's why you're running away, isn't it? You've given up on controlling the City, and you're running back to Academia with your tail between your legs! And if you think that taking me to Academia will make you survive, then you are wrong!" Yuzu yells,

Roget slams her to the wall and yells, "Silence! I am not running away! I am merely retreating, to plan my next move! This is merely strategy!"

"Is taking Yuzu back with you part of your strategy as well? I see it as a way to shelter your ego!" Suddenly, Dimension Hunger Dragon with Vivian and Blood Sucking Dragon with Katrina arrive.

"That's why you had her as a hostage, to begin with, isn't it? After breaking off from Academia, you would use her as a shield in your negotiations with them, and on the off-chance that you would need to flee, you would offer her as a chance to clear your name from betraying Academia. It was only to protect yourself. Making excuses for your own defeat means that you have already lost the battle. Do it!" Vivian yells as the dragons blast them, knocking both Yuzu and Roget out. Katrina also uses the chance to grab Yuzu.

"Yuzu, are you alright?" Katrina asks.

"Thanks, Katrina, Vivian." Yuzu says in relief as they land on the walkway.

"Damn you..." Roget says as he gets back on the walkway. Vivian and Katrina nod as they prepare their duel disks.

"Beg for forgiveness to the people of this City." Katrina says. "As the director of Public Security, you are responsible for putting this City into chaos!"

"Screw you! Who would ever beg for forgiveness? I have not lost!" Roget yells.

"Then how about you prove it to us? A real duel with no holograms and no cheating!" Vivian says.

Roget says, "If that's what you want to play..." He activates his duel disk. "I will also kill you!" He then raises his arm as the Dark Signer Mark of the Dog appears.

Vivian nods at Manibus as she also raises her arm.

In the helicopter, Yugo says, "You beat Jack, Yuya, that is awesome!"

Yuya laughs and says, "I know."

Risu says, "To unite the Tops and Commons is no small feet. You really did it."

Yuni says, "Yeah." But suddenly, they see the Security Building explodes as two purple marks appear in the sky.

"What is going on here?" Melissa says as everyone in the Tops and Commons watches from afar. The mark of dog and hands appear on the sky and the flames are destroying the already destroyed city.

"It has started..." Mark says as the rest of the Lancers arrive at the building and dodge the fire.

"So Vivian is dueling?" Hana says as she looks at the mark. Ruka says, "No." She shows the mark, "Vivian and Katrina are dueling together."

Yuya says, "Those two...they start without us..."

Reisho says, "We should get there fast." Then the helicopter is preparing for a landing.