Chapter 41 Companion's Feelings

Yuya and his friends make their way to the third gate: Giant's Gate, to face Mark. Ryu asks, "So this Mark person was one of your friends back in the Original Dimension?"

Yuni nods and says, "Yes, he was being domestic abuse by his family until we used Professor Leo's powers to have his father arrested, and then he lived with us this whole time."

"I see..." Gongenzaka says. "To think that he is one of the victims of Zarc's rampage..."

"Indeed, it is going to be a hard duel..." Yuni says.

Katrina asks, "This time Brother is going to settle things... I wonder if he's fine with it."

Vivian looks at Yuya and says, "He should be fine. He'll win for sure."

Mark, who has been waiting at the tower and anticipating Yuya's arrival, spots him in the distance, as Yuya notices him around the same time. Mark smirks and revs the engines of his D-Wheel before speeding head-on in front of Yuya. Yuya steps aside immediately before the D-Wheel stops.

"You arrived, Zarc, no, Sakaki Yuya!" Mark says. "And this time we have a lot of audiences as well."

"Mark..." Yuya mutters.

"It is now time for us to settle the scores! The one that never was completed back then." Mark says.

"So it really is Mark..." Ray says with a frown.

"Ah, what do we have here?" Mark notices Yuzu and says, "We have Zarc's girlfriend Ray, or should I say Hiiragi Yuzu, it's a shame you didn't see how this guy made a fool of himself by crashing his D-Wheel to avoid being defeated!"

"So you are the one who made Yuya in a coma three days ago?!" Yuzu asks with slight anger.

"Hold on, what's with Yuya being in a coma?" Ron asks.

"How about seeing it again in this duel? Now, let's get things started!" Mark yells as he raises his hand, his mark begins to glow, causing purple flames to erupt and shape out the Giant Geoglyph around the area.

"It's finally underway, huh?" Yuni mutters.

"That was the same mark when it first appeared..." Crow says.

"Here we go, Yuya! This time, I'm going to kick you into the middle of the inferno of vengeance from the depths of death! With the power of my Earthbound God, that is!" Mark says.

"Mark was never like this...On top of that, he cared about his friends...us..." Hana says sadly. Sona pats her and says, "That is why Yuya needs to save him."

"I know...but still..." Hana says.

Yuya thinks, "Mark, in this duel, I'll save you and bring your smile back!"

"Field Magic: Crossover." The field starts to operate as the two set off. "Duel!" (Mark:4000)(Yuya:4000)

"The one who takes the first corner gets to decide who has the first turn!" Mark yells as he accelerates. Yuya tries to accelerate, but Mark crashes his D-Wheel on Yuya's on purpose.

"Hey! What are you doing?" "That's cheating!" Ryu and Gongenzaka yell, while the others are showing concern after Yuya manages to get back on the track.

"I'm taking the first move, Yuya!" Mark laughs. "I summon Villain League: Wolf of the Wild. (ATK:1200/DEF:1200 LV:2)" When this monster appears, he says, "When I have a Villain League card in the field, I can summon Villain League: Witch of the Fallen!" (ATK:1000/DEF:500 LV:4) As the two monsters appear, he says, "I set one card and end my turn. Come on, Yuya! Bring it on! I'll make you sorely regret ever betraying me, in this duel!"