Chapter 27 Our Respective Battlefields

"If what Shinji said is true, then Yuya and his friends are traitors. I can't trust anyone anymore. In that case, all I can do is win! I'll win, and defeat Jack as well!" Crow thinks as Sam leads him to the duel palace.

Yuni is also going to the place and she thinks, "Dennis has returned to Academia, and the Dark Signers have Rin...Roget has been trying to make us enemies of Synchro...I'll have to do my best for them..."

"The third day of the Friendship Cup - the third match is Crow Hogan vs. Sakaki Yuni!" Melissa says.

"So it is sister's turn, huh?" Vivian says with a sigh, "First Yuzu, then Brother, and then sister? What is this match-up?"

"She is fighting against Crow...It is just like watching me battling against Crow as well...I don't know what to feel now..." Risu says.

At the Duel Palace, Melissa states, "The Friendship Cup is filled with doubts. Is Yuya Sakaki really involved in a side deal with our sponsors, Sector Security, after all?"

Crow drives up to the starting line on his D-Wheel and he yells, "That doesn't matter!"

Yuni also arrives and says, "I don't care what you think of my brother, or else, just start the duel already!"

A lot of people are not sure if they should boo Yuni or cheer for her, in the last round, she managed to defeat Black Rose Witch and her brother defeated Shinji after all.

"I'd love to pursue this scoop, but for now I'll bring you the latest excitement on the dueling field!" Melissa admits as the helicopter lifts off.

"No one can do anything for us. I have to win to change things." Crow thinks.

"And I need to win this...and try to warn the upcoming threat...like my brother and Yuzu..." Yuni says.

"Now, let's get the show on the road! Action Field, on! Field Magic, Crossover Accel!" Melissa says. The purple light suffuses the stadium and the surrounding track, and the Action Cards scatter.

"Duel mode, on. Auto-pilot, stand-by!" Both D-Wheels declare, and the holographic countdown appears. "Riding Duel, acceleration!" Melissa calls.

"Duel!" Both Crow and Yuni cry out. (Crow:4000)(Yuni:4000)

As everyone is watching the duel, Melissa says, "Crow and Yuni set off at full throttle! Whoever completes the course and exits the Duel Palace first takes the first move! The course selected for this match is the Central Loop Line that goes round and round the City's major terminal!"

The track pillars deploy and alter the road sections. "Our sponsors might've thought it would be troublesome if a certain someone destroyed a long course." Melissa notes.

In his office, Roget snorts, "This expense is nothing to the funding from the Tops. They merely do not wish to defile the beauty of the City that will soon be mine."

As the two D-Wheels are accelerating, Yuni says, "Academia and Dark Signers have infiltrated in various places. I won't let any of them get in our way!"

"Don't talk about things I don't get!" Crow tells her. They exit the Duel Palace, and Crow emerges first. "The first move goes to Crow!" Melissa says.

"I'll win and avenge the grudges of my comrades! Shinji isn't the only one who ties the bonds of the Commons together!" Crow vows."I summon Black Feather - Jet the Blue Sky!" (ATK:100/DEF:800 LV:1) Next, when there is a Black Feather on my field, I special summon Tuner Monster: Black Feather - Oroshi the Squall from my hand! (ATK:400/DEF:600 LV:1)"

Two birds appear on the field. "I tune Level 1 Jet the Blue Sky with Level 1 Oroshi the Squall! Spread your jet-black wings and slice through the gale with your concealed blades! Synchro Summon! Plunge! Assault Black Feather - Sayo the Rain Hider!" (ATK:800/DEF:100 LV:2) Crow chants as the monster appears on the field.