Chapter 6 Visit to Security

Yuni and the others didn't sleep as they are watching the officer with concern. As the sun shines, Yugo, Yuzu, and the others are also there. Yugo notices Officer Ushio lying on the couch and he asks, "Huh? Guys, why is a Security officer here?"

"And why did you guys get up so early?" Vivian asks while rubbing her eyes.

"Actually, we didn't sleep last night." Katrina says. "Now that you mentioned it, I think I'm a little sleepy."

"Me too. The thing is, something happened in the middle of the night, thus the four of us weren't able to sleep." Reisho says.

Ryu then notices the dragon marks and asks, "Hey, why didn't your marks disappear?"

"Marks?" Risu says as she now notices the marks. "Where do you get those marks? They look so cool."

Yuni says, "We didn't get it on purpose. These are Signer marks."

"Signers? What are those?" Rua asks.

Yuni says, "Singers are 6 duelists that are chosen by the Crimson Dragon, each of the duelists bears a mark on their arms. Head, Tails, Arm, Foot, Wing, and the Heart. So far, there are no signs of the Heart mark appearing in this world, but the four of us, along with my brother Yuya, are the current 5 Singers."

"Wait, you mean Ruka is one of the Singers as well?" Yuzu asks.

Ruka nods as she shows her mark, Rua says, "That's cool. Maybe there will be a mark on my arm as well!"

The others are sweatdropping, and Yuni wonders if Rua might be the one bearing the Heart Mark just like in the past. Yuni says, "Last night, our marks are glowing and we feel that Brother is dueling someone. Unlike the times when we summoned a Singer Dragon in a duel, this time it gives us a lot of pain."

Reisho says, "When we get outside, we found this officer, but he is controlled by a Dark Signer."

"Dark Signers? What is that?" Yugo asks.

"Dark Singers are a group of Duelists resurrected from the dead and in the service of the Earthbound Gods. Their goal is to reverse the current world and the underworld, and what makes us different is the fact that they are capable of using Dark Synchro Summon." Katrina says.

"Dark Synchro Summon?" Ryu asks.

"A Dark Synchro Summon requires a Dark Tuner and a non-tuner monster, with the level of Dark Tuner subtracted by the level of the non-tuner monster." Yuni says, "When this guy was being controlled, he actually summoned a Negative Four Level Dark Synchro Monster."

"A negative level? I don't know there is a level like that... It is so absurd." Ryu says.

"And the fact that it is a shadow game, all the damage that I took become real. Compared to Yuto or Kurosaki's, the pain is greater."

"Really?" Satoshi says. "So it isn't just a real solid vision?"

They nod, Ruka says, "But after Yuni defeats him, he returns to normal and the Dark Synchro cards are gone. We find that the deck is only the basic Security deck."

Ray feels an uneasy feeling and she asks, "Does that mean..."

Yuni takes a deep breath, "The Dark Singers are back...that might be the reason why we have the Signer Marks on our arms."

Risu says, "How bad can those Dark Signers be?"

Reisho says, "They made Academia feel like nothing, they might be doing the same thing of taking sacrifices from people, but Academia is only one, and this might be 7 or more."

And for some reason, Vivian feels pain in her arm. Katrina notices Vivian's face and asks, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know, for some reason, my arm is hurting." Vivian says. Yuni decides to look at her arm and find nothing. "There is nothing on your arm."