Long Distance

Two lovers, that were played by destiny again.

Not a break up. But a long distance.

"Okay lang talaga Greggy." Irene assured her boyfriend.

"Ayaw ko naman kasi mawalay sayo." Greggy said pouting.

Irene chuckled, she also do feel the same, but of course she can't do anything about it, she doesn't want to be the reason why Greggy did not reach his dream.

"Mag aaral ka lang naman dun." Irene said to him, cupping his cheeks.

"Apat na taon... Nakakatakot Irene... Nakakatakot mawala sa tabi mo." Greggy whispered to her.

"I fully supported you naman. Makakaya naman natin toh... Mabilis lang ang panahon Greggy." She said, trying not to let her tears fall down.

"Bukas na kasi agad Irene..." Greggy said, looking her eyes with different emotions.

He does dream about studying in Oxford. But now he can't leave Irene alone.

"Oh edi mas bibilis lang ang panahon..." Irene said trying to also convince herself that it's fine.

"Babalik naman ako." Greggy kissed her forehead.

"Alam ko... Hihintayin naman kita." Irene said closing her eyes.

They started to pack Greggy's things. A many clothes he puts on.

"Wait lang ha." Greggy said, he went outside his bedroom.

That time Irene sigh, an heavy sigh as she look up. "Sana kayanin ko... Sana kayanin kong malayo siya sa akin." She whispered.

A door opened so she act like nothing's happened, "Look at this." Greggy said sitting down.

He opened a box that have a locket necklace, a two necklace.

"This one for you." He give the necklace to Irene.

Irene opened it, it's a book design. There's a two picture inside, the first one is their first anniversary last three years, and the second is the latest picture they have when they date last week.

Irene smile at it. What a good memories. She know that she will miss it.

They are in airport sending Greggy off.

Greggy kiss her, "Hintayin mo ako." He whispered for the last time.

Irene hug him tightly, doesn't really want to let him go.

"Hihintayin kita. Lagi lagi." Irene replied to him. Kissing him for the last time.

Greggy waved his hands. "Ingat Greg. Ingat dear!" Irene said waving her hand.

"I will definitely miss you..." She whispered.

They watch Greggy's plane to fly off. This time Irene can't help but to feel sad and longing for him.

When Greggy arrived at England, he quickly chatted his family and Irene.

Irene is still awake when Greggy chatted. She quickly click the voice call.

"Hello my dear." Greggy said he arrived on his private apartment.

"H-Hello." Irene said trying not to sniff.

But Greggy feel something about her voice.

"Are you good? Are you sick?" Greggy asked.

That point Irene can't help but to sniff, "No hindi okay lang ako." She directly answered.

"Dear..." Greggy said already know the answer.

"Just wait for me patiently okay." He said, sighing since he can't stand seeing or hearing his girlfriend crying.

"Wala naman ibang magagawa kundi ganon." Irene whispered.

Every December, Greggy tried to go back in Philippines, even it's just a round trip ticket.

There are time that they misses each other. In the middle of night, Greggy found the necklace locket.

He opened it and caress the photo inside it. "I miss you, Irene..." He whispered.

In the Philippines, Irene browsing the old album picture of her and Greggy.

Telling the story behind it to Aimee who is also curious about it.

"Ilang taon na lang dear..." Greggy whispered to the picture. "Wait for me to come home..." He added, getting an energy to study again when he saw Irene's picture.

"Naghihintay ako Greggy... Masaya ako sa kung nasaan ka ngayon." Irene said caressing her necklace.

Four years already passed, Greggy finally can graduate under engineering science.

Akala ni Greggy na pamilya niya lang ang pupunta sa England to attend his graduation.

Not until, Irene appear with a bouquet.

Greggy smile widely when he saw her, running towards him.

Greggy lift her up. "I'm home..." He whispered.

"Congratulations dear. I'm so proud... I found my home once again." Irene whispered hugging him tightly.

The graduation ceremony finished, they have some celebration.

Irene and Greggy walking hand by hand in the street of England.

Greggy stopped. As he knelt down and bring out a ring.

"This is not a proposal yet but... Let these rings serve as a reminder of our commitment to one another's monogamy."

Irene looking at him, pouting since she found it cute and adorable at the same time.

"I do Greggy... I accept it." She answered.

Greggy put it on her fingers before he kissed him under the moonlight, and street lights, in the middle of the street in England.

They carry their heart with them even they are far away.