August

July 31, 1970

Greggy is 25 while Irene is 21 at that time, secretly seeing each other behind the Araneta and Marcos.

They are not dating, but just casually seeing each other

"Napapansin ko Greg napapadalas pag labas mo ng gabi." Emma commented, "Ha?" Greggy look at her.

"I know you heard me my dear son." Emma said while making some coffee.

"I'm just..." Greggy stop he doesn't know what to say, "busy, yeah right mom I'm just busy."

Emma shake his head. "Nakakatakot ang mga gabi Greggy."

"I'm fine mom, nakakauwi pa naman ako-"

"Don't say something like that." Emma stop him, "I'm in a good hands syempre binata anak mo mom. It's normal." He even have a guts to grin.

"Napuyat ako kakagawa ng arts." Irene said, "In UP?" Imee ask, Irene look at her.

"In UP, yes." Irene gulp a little, "You should be more careful. Iniiwan mo pa yung guards mo." Imelda spoke.

"I want more time with myself." Irene answer not even holding an eye contact.

"Siguraduhin mo lang Irene na safe ka." Ferdinand said, so Imee glare at her sister.

"Yes dad." She said quietly watching the building passes.

"Ingat kayo." Ferdinand said once the car stop, "Thank you." Irene went out the car first.

"Una na ako manang." She said and quickly runaway.

She went to a payphone, dialing the number that she's use to call every time.

Once the telephone rang on Greggy's table, his smile light up. "Hello." He whispered he already knew who was it.

"I miss you, Greggy." Greggy blink when he heard it, how desperate her voice.

"I miss you too." He pursed his lips, "So much." He added.

"Let's meet again, I don't have any plans after all." She said but looking at the many undone task she needed to pass make her shoulders heavy.

"I would like that, pretty." He smile, the pretty was the nickname he gave.

"You must go first, you still have a class." Greggy look at the calendar, "Ingat palagi." He added with more emotion on that two words.

Irene grip the telephone, she doesn't want to end their call. "Salamat, Greggy!"

Greggy look at the big clock, eleven in the evening. One hour before the calendar will change to month of August.

"Susunduin na kita." Greggy announced at the telephone, "I'm waiting." She said in very low voice, "Ingat sa pag drive." Irene added before Greggy ended the call.

The Palace of the president was full of PSG. "I can't even reach you out na." Greggy whispered since there's no telephone there.

Irene walking silently down the stairs, she can even hear her father voice from the office.

"Ma'am?" Her heart drop in to the floor when Manang Biday called her.

"Manang naman." She said almost whispering, "Saan ka pupunta ma'am?" Biday ask.

"May babalikan lang ako sa Diliman." Irene answer, "Hindi kayo magpapasama sa mga gwardya ma'am?" Another question.

Irene shake her head, "Wag na manang. Mag pahinga na kayo mauuna na ako."