Graduation

A five years courses comes into an end, the five years blood, sweat and tears that every civil engineering student is going to be rewarded, their dedications that has been payed off, and their title that they will get soon.

Now that it's a week before the graduation, the whole block planned an outing, before they will started to walk in different paths, in five years they become close to each other, having only one goal and that's to graduate under their course.

Greggy is staring at the toga that has been ironing by his mother. "Ga-graduate na ako." He whispered.

"Oo." Emma answer, "Sa kanya kaya makaka-graduate na din ako?" He asked.

Emma sigh, "Irene? Siya pa rin?"

"Laging siya, siya at siya pa rin talaga."

"Ang tanong, ikaw na kaya ang pipiliin niya ngayon?" Emma ask looking away so that she won't see his son's heart breaking for the girl he love.

Greggy stop on that question, "Siguro."

Irene is feeling excited, after the five years that she's choosing herself and her academic status, she can feel that she's near to free her thoughts about her what ifs.

"I'm excited!" She exclaimed to her sister.

"Bakit parang hindi ka naman masaya?" Imee ask, she's just listening but her eyes is on the laptop doing her work.

"I'm... I'm thinking about something else." Irene answer, she's holding her face while in front of the mirror.

"About what?" Her sister ask, "What if pinili ko si..." She can't even call his name.

"Ano nga bang nangyari sa inyo? I did not saw him since three years ago... Nung freshmen lang kayo, hindi nga nag tagal nung sophomore year na."

Irene remember it all again, about what happened, about what her decisions fall in to.

----------------------

As an engineer student there are having a more works that they need to pass. As a block section, they have a goal to help each other so they can proceed to the third year.

That's how Greggy and Irene become close, Greggy is good at mathematics while Irene is good at analyzing the problem.

In the cafeteria the scattered papers on the table and them looking at each other.

"Kaya pa ba?" Irene chuckled, sipping her fourth coffee for this day.

"Oo naman, it's either kakayanin o mag drop out na kinabukasan." He jokingly answer.

"You can take a rest muna." Irene suggested, her mind isn't working anymore.

"Kaya ko pa naman, if you want to sleep matulog ka na gigisingin na lang kita mamaya mga ten minutes bago mag next subject." Greggy smile at her.

She nodded and just let her head hit the table, her face is being covered by her arms.

The minutes turn into an hour.

"Finally!" A relief sigh and smile from Greggy, "Kahapon pa to eh, kahapon ko pa to pinipilit na gawin." He added looking at the sixteen sheets of paper that is a formula for one problem.

Then he look at Irene, she's not sleeping but her eyes and soul is close.

"Irene..." He whispered, not wanting to make her awake. He let his fingers run to her hair, "Gusto kita." A sudden confession, that made Irene suddenly awake.