Glimpse of you

My Irene

"Sorry Greg. I know I shouldn't say this at this time, since you are busy on your upcoming board exam. But I can't help about it."

"At this time you are reading this I hope you already know what I want to tell in the first paragraph I sent."

"Mag hiwalay na tayo Greg."

"I know I should just said this or we should just talk about it in personal, but I don't want to do that. I don't want to see you hurting because of me."

"I wanted to break up with you because, it's not healthy anymore..."

"Or am I just not get enough about this relationship?"

"You don't have any fault about it. So don't think too much. You give me your all. Your efforts, strength, and love."

"I just think that a break up will lead us both to the good road. We are both achieving our goals. So at this time I think it'll be hard to us to continue our relationship."

"Like this past months, we did not even have a good communication. Don't you think it'll be more harder in the future when we already have our work?"

"I sincerely also wanted to apologize, sa mga bagay na ginawa ko noon... Mga bagay na pinagtiisan mo noon... I will never found someone as great you are Greggy."

"But I can't keep this anymore..."

"I've already think about this for some time, and this is the decisions I made. I wish you all the best and good luck Gregorio."

Greggy read the messages. He just sigh before whipping his head on the flashcards that full of engineering fundamentals.

Irene on the other side really doesn't want to broke up with him. She stare at the pregnancy test that has a double line.

She lean at the wall, a tears fall in to her eyes. "Paano na ito? Paano na yung pangako ko sa pamilya ko?" She started to asked her.

Feeling afraid to tell it to Greggy, since they're still both pursuing their dreams.

Irene wiped her tears, she hide the pregnancy test and walk out of the comfort room.

"Oh umuulan." She whispered watching the raindrops falling down one the big window.

Greggy look up, after falling asleep, he heard the rain. A dark surroundings that make him open the lamp on his table.

Irene watching the rain, many thoughts playing on her head. Many what if, how or why. Full of questions.

She lay down, hearing the calm sound of the rain. She closes her eyes, a memories of her and Greggy playing on her mind.

"Kailan na ba nung huli tayong nag kita?" She asked herself.

"Malay mo pag tapos nang ulan... Wala na yung sakit." Greggy said at his phone while staring the messages Irene sent to him.

My Irene

"Ingat. I hope you'll pursue and achieve the goal you really want to."

"Always remember that someone supporting you."

He look at the rain. "How I still clearly remember the first time you said you liked the rain..." He closes his eyes.

"Kahit ayaw mo naman talaga nang ulan. You still choose to walk and shower at rain with me..." Irene can't help but to remember the bittersweet memories.

"Mahal kita Greggy. Sorry hindi mo man lang nalaman... Hindi ko man lang hiningi opinion mo." Irene said like Greggy can hear her.  Wiping her tears.

Greggy's tear started to drop on his papers. Caressing the picture of Irene on his desk.

"Alfonso!" Irene shouted at the boy.

A smiley and cute boy, turn his head on her mother.

"Nagpapakaulan ka! Magkasakit ka niyan!" Irene scolded his son. She keep the child but she also keep it secret to Greggy.

"Mommy!" The wet Alfonso run towards Irene and he hug her.

Irene look at him, "Bakit kamukha mo yung tatay mo." She said in to her own.

"Maligo na tayo." Irene said, walking inside their house.

While taking a bath, Alfonso start to talk about his preparatory day, to her.

While listening to him, Irene started to think about Greggy again. She always do, there's no time that Greggy did not remove on her head.

"Lola!" Alfonso run towards Imelda.

"Hello apo ko..." Imelda cupped his cheeks as she kissed his forehead.

"Lola! I have a star! Pero wala na nabura na, hahaha!" Alfonso said showing his clean wrist.

Imelda smile at him, "Ang galing naman nang apo ko na yan. May pasalubong si lola!" Imelda showed him the many chocolates.

"Mom naman, pinapaiwas ko nga sa matamis eh." Irene said offering her mother a cup of tea.

"Nako okay lang yan minsan lang." Imelda grin at her daughter.

Alfonso fell asleep at the couch, Imelda looking at him.

"Yung anak mo..." Imelda started to talk, "Kamukhang kamukha ni Greggy..." She can't help but to notice it too.

Irene nodded, "Totoo naman." She can't also deny it. Caressing the hair of his son.

"Nakita na ni Greggy?" Imelda asked. Feeling sad at his grand son that he did not even saw his father.

"Hindi pa... Hindi ko na nakita si Greggy simula noong nag hiwalay kami." Irene said. She lied, she still watching Greggy from far.

Greggy thought that if the rain stop that time, he will already but he is wrong. He is still pain specially when it rain.

Greggy also showed up the time Irene gave birth. Sending gifts to his son by the help of Bongbong. Seeing him every other week when Greggy secretly drive on their streets.

"Katulad ka nang mommy mo. Napaka gandang pag masdan... Pero napakasakit..." He whispered watching Alfonso playing at the rain.

Alfonso wake up, he saw his mother beside him who is staring at him.

"Mommy?" He called out, holding Irene's cheeks.

"Where's my daddy?" A question that he really wanted to know.

Irene gulp, hugging her son. "Sorry my Alfonso. I did not give the perfect family you deserve."

Of course the kid can't understand her. "Are you crying mommy?" Alfonso asked, when he heard Irene sniffed.

"Thank you for making me alive." Irene whispered, patting his back to make him fall asleep again.

A tear fell from their eye as the raindrops fell, the sky is crying with them.