shooting star

Anton, Gregorio and Bongbong run to the rooftop.

"Gago pare shooting star oh!" Greggy said pointing at the shooting star.

"Oo nga!" Bongbong smile widely like he just received a toy from a party.

It might be a cringe and cliché but Gregorio closes his eyes to make a wish. "Sana ngayon kaya mo na akong panindigan at piliin."

On the next night Greggy take a deep breath before sending a message to his long time crush? He even doesn't know if it's still a crush. Not it's not a crush anymore.

Irene

"Hello Irene, there's some new stalls here outside the building. Do you want to grab something and let's go to the rooftop?"

"Hello Greggy, yes! I'm actually on my way kagagaling ko lang ng school let's meet there na lang pababa na ako ng tricycle."

"Okay madam! Ingat!"

"Hoy Greggy!" Irene said when she spotted him.

"Ay hello!" Greggy smiled as soon as she saw her.

"Yes, there's new stall nga mukhang masasarap noh?" Irene asked, they wander around the place.

"Yes, let's buy something na. What do you want ba?" Greggy asked looking for a stall he wants.

"Hmm? Milk tea tapos takoyaki." Irene grin, "Okay let's go." Greggy said pulling her at the one stall.

While waiting for the order they sit, "Ang ganda ng lighting." Irene commented.

"Picturean kita." Greggy said, as he offer his camera.

"Talaga pa send na lang ha." Irene said and smile in front of the camera.

Greggy capture it, capture how beauty is Irene in the lighting under the full moon.

"Sa taas na lang natin kainin." Irene said looking at the order.

"Okay sige ako na." Greggy said holding the plastic that contains the order.

"Akin na rin bag mo." He offer to Irene.

"Ha sure ka?" Irene ask.

"Oo kaya ko hahaha!" Greggy said, so Irene gave it to him.

They take the elevator, "Si manong pala?" Irene asked watching their reflection.

"May date daw." Greggy answered.

"Wow hahaha!" Irene chuckled having a thought of his brother dating someone.

They sit at the bench in the rooftop, "Kamusta ang buhay Irene?" Greggy asked.

Irene who is busy sipping at her milk tea briefly look at him, "Okay lang nakaka stress." She answered.

"Masyado ka kasing focus sa pag-aaral mo." Greggy chuckle a little.

"Ako? Hahaha! Hindi naman masyado." Irene slapped his arms a little.

"Hindi ba? Char hahaha!" Greggy smile at her.

"Have you seen the shooting star last night?" Irene asked looking up at the stars.

"Yes I did it was beautiful." Greggy answered.

"What did you wish for?" Irene asked.

This time Greggy stare at her. "Bakit ko sasabihin baka hindi naman mangyari."

"Gagi ka hahaha! Naniniwala ka sa ganon?" Irene look at his eyes.

"Yes hahaha! Wala naman mawawala." Greggy let go of the stare.

The two become quiet, "Irene?"

"Hmm?" She hummed.

"Bawal ba talaga?" He asked.

Irene take a deep breath, she knows what he is talking about. "Pwede Greggy. Pwedeng pwede kaso..." She said to her thoughts being afraid to tell it with her own mouth.

"Sorry Greggy ha..." She started.

Greggy bite his lips so hard, how many times he already heard it, how many times he tried.

"Okay lang hahaha! Sabi ko sa'yo Irene I will wait if you want to focus on your study first then go I will support you no matter what your decisions are."

A repeated scene... A repeated question and answer. It repeat again on how many times he try.

A year passes, they stay the same. Looking up at the different pattern of star, different time, different year.

But the only did not change was the sky, spot and Gregg's feeling to her.

"Ako pa rin ba?" Irene shyly asked.

"Ikaw pa rin simula noon." He answered.

"I'm sorry." Irene whispered.

"You don't need to be sorry, it's your heart follow it hindi mo naman matuturan yan na gustuhin ako." Greggy said for many times but it's still hurt like the first time.

A shooting star passes again, this time they both watch it silently wishing for something.

A wish that connected to each other.

"I wish, masabi ko na yung totoo na gusto ko din siya." She look at him.

Greggy watch her with peripheral vision, "I wish you can overcome what you are afraid of. Sana sa susunod kaya mo na akong piliin."

"Gregorio?" Irene call out.

"Yes?" Greggy holding the can beer, an event that held in rooftop just finished the two were left by the others.

"Ahm sorry kung medyo natagalan ha." Irene said pushing herself to confess that she like him too

"Huh?" A little bit drunk Gregorio asked.

"Gusto kita Greggy, and this time I won't say sorry because I will allow you to court me." She bravely said.

A wide eyes of Greggy show, it even made him hug her.

"Gagi? Legit ba Irene?" He asked since after many times Irene did not let him down.

"Oo nga!" Irene felt teary eyes, after a years she said what she really felt.

"Thank you Irene!" Greggy sniff a little.

"Umiiyak ka?" She asked.

"I'm just happy!" He said, "I love you so much!"

"I do too." Irene said, as she look up at the sky "A shooting star!" Irene pointed.

"Thank you!" Greggy whispered watching the star move, "You already granted what I wished for. And I don't wish anymore than this happiness of us remain til the end."

"Indeed a shooting star, the one who made love, change, and luck make way on my life." She whispered, a shooting star not the small pieces of rock that hits earth atmosphere, but Greggy in general is a shooting star for her.