losses but winning

It's been a month since Greggy met this new secretary of him. Bongbong his old secretary need to resign due to running in election in their city, so they agree to let his sister Irene continue his work as a secretary to Mayor of Molo Iloilo City, Gregorio Araneta the third.

It's also 30 days since the campaign period started, there's only 60 or more to prove that he deserve to be re-elect for the good and improvement of their City.

It's already pass nine when Greggy went back to his office, he needs to talk to Governor of Iloilo, his father.

He saw his secretary sleeping at the chair, "Miss Irene?" He called out.

Greggy sigh, putting the take out food for Irene above the table.

"Irene?" He call out again, "Kain ka muna before you sleep." He added but Irene is still sleeping, leaning at the chair.

Greggy blink, watching her.

"Maganda naman siya, hindi ko masyadong nakikita mukha niya after all this time ngayon ko lang natitignan nang ganito."

He thought while watching her sleeping.

"Mayor?" Irene was awake, looking at the big clock indicating that's it's five in the morning.

"Good morning, Irene." He smile, his eyes shows that he did not sleep it becoming more deep behind those eyebags he have.

"Good morning mayor, you must take a rest too." She said, composing herself.

"It's fine, hindi pa ako inaantok." He continue to sign the paper that was left. "Anyway, this is our schedule for today."

Irene reach out the paper, she close her eyes when she saw that they still have a schedule until ten later at night.

"Pack your things ihahatid na kita muna sa bahay." In one blink of Irene he already standing.

"Ha?" Her mind is not coping what the things happening.

They are at the car, too quiet like how they treat each other for one month passes.

"Alam mo ba." Greggy suddenly talk, his voice make Irene jump a little by shock.

"May kinakatakot ako ngayon." He added, looking only at the road.

"Ano yun, mayor?" She ask, watching the skies becoming yellow and orange of sun rising up. "Ang matalo?" She ask quietly.

"Hindi." He answered, "An old stranger come up to me last time, remember the medical mission we held?"

Irene nodded.

"She said may kasama daw akong dalawang babae kaso nung pag babago ko bigla raw nawala. Mag ingat raw ako." He tell what the old woman said.

"Nananakot ka ba mayor?" Irene ask sarcastically.

"Tanong mo siya, kwento niya yun eh." Gregorio answered, his phone suddenly rang.

Irene saw the caller id, Clara.

"Who's Clara? Girlfriend niya kaya?" She can't help but to think, they are not close enough to ask about his personal life.

Greggy decline it, "Anyway we are here na. I'm going to pick up you later." He smile, looking at the rear mirror.

Irene blink to bring herself back, "Thank you mayor! Ingat." She left the car with a question in her mind about Clara, it's not familiar even a partners of Greggy don't have a name Clara.

Irene take a bath and organize all the schedule and email for Greggy. "Kaya to ko." She whispered while being busy on her work.

After she finished it, she look at the photo album on her phone. Looking if she can delete some old pictures or documents.