9-16

Nine times he confess, sixteen times he greeted her at exact 12.

Everyone wants someone to greet them in their birthdays, or to be exact they want to their love of their life to remember the day when they finally saw the real world.

Unlike Irene... She have someone who is constantly greeting her a happy birthday. But she hates it, she hates every piece of him, every actions and words from him, she hates his existence.

In that sixteen years, they grow... They grow...

Irene was 15 years old that time, while Greggy is already turning 18. It's time time where phone are not invented yet, so Greggy writing a letter for her.

Dear

Happiest birthday to you, Irene! I hope you have a good time with your family and your dogs. Let's see each other again soon? Take care always.

With a nervousness he forgot to wrote his name, but the feeling inside him is so happy that his heart want to jump.

Of course, Irene is still a kid. She is not sure about what she should do, knowing where's the letter is from.

Another year, Irene is turning 16. A sweet sixteen. Greggy is already applying his enrollment form in Pennsylvania.

Irene found herself for another letter, she is even curious why this boy is giving her a birthday card even without interaction between them, of course she knows that he is from Araneta clan.

Greggy playing his watch, just waiting for the confirmation inside the palace that the letter already given to Irene.

It's already just a minutes before exactly twelve o'clock in the Philippines. The twelve hours difference from their time is making hin anxious.

"Ma'am Irene." One of maid, call her. She can't even sleep being excited about her birthday.

"Galing po kay-"

She nodded and make the maid stop, "I know." She knows, she knows that it's from him... From Greggy.

She received the letter, exactly twelve.

Dear Irene,

It's the day again when madam Imelda gave birth to the strong, precious, and lovely daughter they had. This time you are turning sixteen, a sweetest sixteen your innocence and prettiness make it more sweet. Happy birthday!

He always not mentioning his name, but he has a connection inside that making the things more easy for him.

"Dalawang taon... Two years ikaw ang unang bumabati sa akin."

It's always like that, receiving and giving letters but Irene really don't care about it. Maybe she is just too young, they both don't know.

When she turned eighteen, Greggy is already busy on the program he's taking, but that doesn't mean he forgot the unforgettable day for Irene.

"Pre?" Greggy touches Bongbong, "Oh you are back?" Bongbong was shock when he saw him.

"Ha? Just a quick vacation." He answered. "You know..."