Broken Vow

Irene just staring at nothing, but her mind is filled with many thoughts... Questions. She doesn't know when did it was started, or how she even do that to him.

Greggy isn't that perfect partner, but he is trying too. Trying to spoil her, be the good father in the future, or just be good to Irene in general.

He should not be have a bad feeling on this kind of set up, since it's just an arranged marriage for them. The fact that Greggy continue to gaslight himself that he doesn't love Irene, he only need her for the bloodline of his family...

No that's a lie.

He do love her too much that he can't pick up any broken pieces they are making. He can't give up not because of disappointment but because of love... He surely love her.

But, she does not love him... He just can't love him.

They both know about it... Greggy know about that.

He doesn't know how it become worst, while cleaning he saw a spare of a phone.

"What is this?" He sad down at the floor, just looking at the phone.

"Who owned this?" Another question from him, he think twice before opening the phone.

A default wallpaper welcomed him, his hands tremble while thinking about any password to unlock it.

"Nagtatanong pa ako, kaming dalawa lang nga pala ni Irene dito." He whispered.

Different pattern.

0000
0916
0611
1609

But then he failed, he needs to wait for a minutes to try again. He look at the box where it from, there are a flashdrive and a camera.

Greggy get it all, he opened the phone again.

1234

And viola, it opened!

Greggy's heart shrunken when, he saw the messages from one person. Maybe he is lucky that it's only one person.

09** *** ***9

"I love you so much."
"I miss you, dear."
"How I wish you are here."
"I miss you
"I'm so happy with you."
"Saya ko ngayon dear."
"Thank you for the day, medyo nalimutan ko mga problema ko."

The words and sentences that Greggy wishes that she will say it to him.

"Mahirap bang mahalin ako? Mahirap bang piliin ako kahit saglit?" He asked.

Greggy is just driving his car slowly, watching Irene walking home with that boy. Greggy can't deny that this boy is more more sensible than him. He can't even deny that Irene is really more happy with him.

They slept in one bed that night, Greggy is facing Irene's back.

"What can I do?" He unconsciously asked.

Irene heard it but she just let him say what even he want to say. Closing her eyes and her ears, it's all close for him.

"Mahal mo ba siya?"

Irene wants to answer, "Oo sobra." She can't be quiet now.

"Gaano?" He continue to ask.

"Sobra, sobrang sobra." She did not even hide it.

"Hindi mo ako mahal?" Greggy even had a guts to question her.