Chapter 141

wednesday

the huge glass building known as u.a high school stood off on the ground like a castle to its kingdom. the huge, beautiful building was the main point to the land. the place that was worshipped, as it housed the current king and queen, as well as the contenders for that spot in the place of their children.

"u.a's future heroes! over here!"

"look here!"

but for you, this was anything but a kingdom.

"y/n rai!"

cameras clicked and flashed. they were somehow even louder than all of the people surrounding the gates of u.a, each with a professional camera in their hands. all of them yelled, shoved, and took probably terrible quality pictures. it was like deja vu all over again for the third time as you found yourself trying to get by the large mob.

"u.a student y/n rai! over here please!"

"what is your well-being? are you fully recovered from the hospital?"

"what are your thoughts on your father losing his life?"

'been through this too many times..' your teeth gritted in anger, you tried your best to get by while covering your face. wasn't this something that was supposed to happen to full fledged heroes? celebrities? you weren't any of those, so why were you going through this again?

'but at this point, i may as well be both of those. i'm already being thrown into pro hero situations as a sixteen year old.' seeing your classmates and other students at u.a go through the same thing only fueled your fire. everyone looked uncomfortable and like they'd use their quirks any second now, but you couldn't even help them because you were stuck in your own predicament. 'and practically a celebrity with the way the world is on my tip.'

"kyoka jirou! what are your thoughts on your classmate y/n rai?"

"sero hanta! how do you feel about endeavor being hospitalized?"

the shouts for your name and to look in a certain direction just kept coming. you heard u.a admin yelling for the commotion to cease, but they knew better, and it wasn't gonna end anytime soon. more so there wasn't anyone near you, so you couldn't seek out for help. you just had to try and make a path while your injuries were causing you little pain that was becoming a huge inconvenience purely for the reason that you were already annoyed.

"y/n rai!"

"man they're irritating.." kaminari rubbed his head with a sour expression on his face. he had just fished his way out the crowd and was now standing with some of his other classmates at the front of the school where they were being protected by their administration.

"it's even worse than last time." ojiro commented, thinking back to only the second day of school where they swarmed like this just to hear about all might debuting as a teacher.

"hey! where's y/n rai? we want answers!"

"poor y/n.." momo sighed, looking out to the crowd. "you can tell where she is too."

it was true. there was a huge crowd formed a small distance away. there were so many people with such little space between them despite the huge cameras. they were all surrounding a small circle which was most obviously you, but none of your friends could spot you, and the constant flashing lights didn't help either. everyone would shuffle across the grounds, a sign of you trying to move closer to the school, but it seemed futile.