3

Steve and I walked into the motel room. Anddd one bed. This only happens in movies I swear.

"Shit." I said.

"Great."

"Whatever. It's fine." I said. I set my bag down and sat on the bed.

Steve sighed and laid back on the other side of the bed. He grabbed a blanket from the duffel bag.

"You want me to sleep on the floor?"

"No." I said. I got up and locked the doors and closed all curtains. I shut off all the lights except for our lamps. Steve turned on the tv. I went into the bathroom and put my hair up in the mirror.

Steve must have had a stress blanket or something with him. It wrapped around him as he looked at the tv.

"What's the blanket for?" I asked as I got under the covers.

"Motel sheets make me feel weird."

"How many hotels have you even been in?" I asked as I set my phone on the side table. I turned off my lamp.

"A couple here and there." He said.

"The blanket thing is kinda a good concept. The sheets are never soft."

"Exactly." He said.

I laid back. I turned my back to him on the bed.

I felt Steve put part of the blanket on me. It smelled like his cologne and fresh linen.

"Goodnight aria."

"Goodnight."

Why was that extremely sweet?

I turned onto my back and looked at the ceiling. I wanted to try to get to sleep but I knew I had a six foot two super soldier next to me.

So I stayed there.

Staring at the ceiling.

For an hour.

I knew that Steve had fallen asleep. His body was curled up away from me.

I watched as his body moved. I glanced to make sure he was still asleep.

I moved his hair out of his face. He was for sure still asleep.

He was very attractive. His hair, his eyes, his defined everything from the serum. His eyelashes. I wanted his eyelashes.

"Aria go to sleep." I heard. I jumped a little.

"You've been up?"

"Just sleep."

"How long have you been up?"

"Aria."

"Okay."

He sighed and opened his eyes. I looked away.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

"It's okay if you're not."

"Goodnight Steve." I said as I turned onto my side again.

————

I gave Steve some coffee as we sat down, looking at the hidden cameras.

"Thanks," he said. I nodded and looked at the cameras.

"So they're all armed. Those chips that they have in the computers is what we need. They have all of our info and every single agents info on them." Steve said.

"So if you fight them off I can get them?"

"That's the plan."

"Alright." I said.

"Hey about last night..."

"No." I said.

"Why can't we just talk about it?"

"I was just moving your hair to see if you were asleep."

"My hair doesn't go over my eyes."

"Can you stop talking about it?"

"Aria if you feel anything I get it I mean you know I-"

"Steve I feel absolutely nothing towards you so drop it!" I said.

He looked at me, a little hurt.

"You can't tell me you feel nothing when you're doing that."

"Will you lay off of it please?"

"Ar I'm not mad at you for doing it!"

"Stop."

"Either you're a coward or you're too embarrassed that you feel something for me...either way, you have a horrible way of dealing with your emotions."

"Good. Thanks for pointing it out." I said. I got up. "Get ready. Let's get this shit over with."