4

Two days later. We finished our mission. I needed to talk to Fury.

"Switch partners. I can't do Rogers anymore." I said as I came in. But Rogers was already there.

"Wow. You two came in for the same thing." Fury said.

Steve looked away from me as I stared him down.

"You know what? If you two can't act like adults, I'm firing you both." Fury said.

"What?" I asked.

"No." Steve said.

"Then you both need to grow up, get over your differences, and find a way to behave."

"If you had just gotten two beds-"

"Agent! Enough! Do you want to stay on this force? Or not. If not there's the door." Fury said.

"You're not gonna do anything about him he was borderline harassing me!"

"I know that he does not give a shit about you when it comes to his job."

Steve looked down.

"Whatever." I said.

"Good. You two have a mission for a week. You're going undercover."

"We're not detectives fury." I said.

"You were agent."

"What is it?"

"We've got a man who's hacking into the government. He's rich, he owns multiple clubs around New York. You two will be going undercover."

"Everyone knows our faces how do we go undercover?"

"The mission is in a week. Your new husband Richard will grow a beard. You Maisy will get your hair dyed blonde."

"So just like that we're expected to not be recognized?" I asked.

"Yup." Fury said.

I rolled my eyes.

"How long?"

"A week and a half. Can you handle that or do I replace you?"

"Can I dye my hair back after?"

"Oh dear god. Get out."

I got up and walked out, Steve following.

"What is your problem you're acting unprofessional."

"That sucks." I said.

"Thomas you need to get it together before our mission."

"Yup."

He pulled me by my arm. "I'm serious. This is a big mission. This dude could do something huge. We have to stop him."

"It'll be fun to see you in a beard baby face. Really I think it will be something to remember." I said sarcastically.

He sighed and pulled me into a little closet, pushing me against the wall.

"Get it together Thomas. I'm serious. As leader of this-"

"-I'm gonna stop you. We're partners Rogers. I'm not some pet that you can drag around for missions. We're supposed to work together and acting like that isn't working together. Sometimes you aren't the captain of everything. Hate to break it to you."

His face was close to mine. He was fuming.

"Step away from my personal space Rogers." I said.

He let me go and took a step back. I walked out.

"I bet you'll really enjoy your next mission cap."