49

I woke up to the sound of the door creaking open. Steve was spooning me.

I saw Caroline come in. She pointed to the room next to us, morgan running over in the hallway.

I smiled softly. Caroline came over. I picked her up and laid her next to me. Steve was still asleep. I think.

Caroline snuggled into me. I kissed her head.

"Is daddy awake?" She whispered. I shook my head.

Just like clockwork, I felt Steve stir.

"Oh. I have two girls in my bed."

I elbowed his gut, making him groan. Caroline giggled.

"Sweetheart you have a little bit of serum in you. Remember that."

"No I remember." I said.

Steve chuckled and laid back on the bed. Caroline moved to lay on his chest.

"Daddy." She said.

"What baby?"

"I love you." She whispered. I smiled softly. Anyone could see that Steve's belt melted right out of his chest. He pulled her in.

"I love you too baby."

Steve's little stunt the night before still had me in a daze. All I could think about were his lips on me. I crossed my legs together just thinking about it.

Steve rubbed my back lightly as I cuddled against him. He could sense my mood still.

I looked up at him. He smiled softly.

"What do you want for breakfast sweetie?" Steve asked Caroline.

"Pancakes!" She said as she sat up. Steve chuckled.

"Okay Carrie." He said as she jumped around. We both laughed at her.

————

Steve made pancakes while I took the girls out with pepper and Natasha. Tony helped steve inside. I think they needed time outside.

The girls colored on the floor of the porch while us ladies sat drinking coffee.

"Everyone sleep okay?"

"More than that." Nat said. "Getting out of the complex is nice."

"Nat. You gotta take some time off." I said.

"Yeah auntie Nat. Take time off." Caroline said. I giggled and looked over at Nat.

"She said what she said."

Everyone chuckled.

————

Morgan and Caroline hugged each other as we went outside to say our goodbyes.

"Mommy why can't she come with us?" Morgan asked. Steve and I chuckled.

"Cause she lives with her mommy and daddy."

"Can we have a sleepover at our house now?" Morgan asked.

Tony looked at me and shrugged his shoulders.

"Baby you would be an hour away then. You really think you could handle that? I mean mom and I could pick you up tomorrow?"

"Oh yes! Oh yeah mom pleaseee please auntie pepper please uncle Tony?"

"Pleaseee mom? Please dad?" Morgan asked.

Pepper laughed. "Yes. Yeah."

Steve and I smiled at each other. A night to ourselves.

"Okay. I'll pack some overnight things quick."

I grabbed some things for her while Steve grabbed a car seat. We both got everything together and got outside, hugging Caroline.

"I'll come pick her up tomorrow around eleven if that's okay?"

Tony nodded as he hugged me.

"She'll have fun."

"God I hope."

"This gonna be the first night without the kid?"

I nodded.

He chuckled. "Enjoy it."

I wasn't worried about Caroline staying with Tony and pepper. Tony had the security like none else.

I hugged pepper and Natasha. She was leaving too.

"Hey come visit whenever." I said to Nat.

"Will do."

We got Caroline buckled in. "I'll see you tomorrow. Be good. Show your manners. Tony will tell me if you aren't being nice. Remember to be gentle." I said.

She nodded and kissed my cheek. I smiled and let Steve hug her.

"Bye bug. Love you."

"Bye daddy. Love you too."

————

Alone. For the first time in three years...it was just us.

Steve sat in the living room with me, watching a movie. He sipped on a beer.

I was curled up with him, blankets around us.

"It feels so quiet." He whispered.

"God I know."

"I thought I would've wanted to get all the sex out that I could but...I'm just tired." He whispered.

"I feel the same exact way. It's like we can't do anything stupid till she gets back."

Steve tensed a little.

I sat up to look at him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He said as he continued to watch the movie.

I grabbed the remote and paused it.

"What's wrong?"

He stared at me. "It's just something Bucky and I would say. It's nothing."

"Awe Steve. I'm sorry. Hey that's not nothing though."

He sighed and looked at the picture on the wall. It was of Steve and Bucky in the fourties, smiling.

I smiled. "He loved you Steve. You helped to save him."

He sighed and looked at me, smiling sadly.

"I just want him back. I wish that he could meet his niece. Stuff like that."

"I know. I know." I whispered. I pulled him into a hug.

He hugged me tight. He rested his head on my shoulder. I laid back on the couch with him.

"God I feel like I haven't been with just you in forever. I mean I love Carrie to pieces but you're still my number one girl."

I chuckled and pulled back. He smiled at me.

"I feel bad for not doing anything sexual." He whispered.

"No. Would you rather have us fuck and then fall asleep? No. Though I could return the favor from last night because let me tell you-"

"I know ms dazed and confused. You were in a trance this whole day. Might have to do that more often."

"Have I ever given you head?"

"Yes." He laughed.

"Oh good."

"God we need sleep. Just a full nights sleep."

"I will take you up on that offer Mr Rogers."

"Yeah mrs Rogers?"

I smiled and kissed him softly.