17

I sighed and unbuckled. "I'm sorry guys." I said.

"Is he that horny?" Nat asked.

"No. Its- he needs to talk. Some shit is going down." I said.

"Okay. Yeah take your time." Nat said.

I got out of the car. Steve was sitting at a little bench. I sat by him.

"You need to stop with the distractions." I said.

"Why are you mad at me?" He asked.

"I'm- not really mad." I whispered.

"Aria. Say it."

"Alright first off, we're not 'just casual'. We've been dating for two months and having sex before that. It's not casual in my book. Second, I'm not that mad I'm just in a ton of pain and extremely tired. If you just left the phone-"

"Ar. If I didn't answer they would keep calling. You and I know that. They would then track my phone and find me and take or kill you. I can't lose you." He said.

"If you can't lose me that why do you say we're casual? I mean I know we have sex more than dates and stuff but-"

"Hey no. I was wrong. Okay? You are way more than sex to me. You're way more than casual to me. And I'm sorry for saying that. And I know you're in pain and I'm worried about you but I don't know what to do because I wanna choose you and ditch this but I feel like I have to-"

"I know. It's okay. We can sleep when we're dead."

He smiled softly. "I do like you. A lot. You're not casual. You're my girlfriend. And I'm extremely happy about that."

"Ew now this sounds like high school."

He chuckled and stood up. He pulled me into a quick kiss before hugging me tight.

"I'm sorry. I promise once this is over we can go back to New York and watch movies all day and order takeout." He said.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"This is gonna be awkward going back in the car because Nat and Sam just watched that."

"It's fine. Even though I know you don't like pda."

"Hey when people don't know that I make love to you in private.... It's so mysterious."

"Steve!" I said and laughed. He chuckled and walked to the car with me.

"Thank you." I said.

He nodded and got into the drivers seat again.

I got into the passenger. Sam whistled. "Good kiss man."

"That was a peck." Steve said.

"A very passionate peck." Nat said.

I sighed and put my feet on the dash. This was sams car.

"We need to go."

————

I sat in the back between Nat and Sitwell. Sam was driving. We had taken Sitwell.

"Insights launching soon we're cutting it close." I said.

"We need to bypass the scanners." Steve said.

"Are you crazy? That's a terrible idea." Sitwell said.

Just then an arm grabbed Sitwell and launched him out. There was someone on the roof.

I quickly got up and grabbed Steve, sitting on his lap. His head was buried in my body.

Steve quickly put the car in park, making whoever it was fly off. I grabbed my gun and tried aiming but someone rammed into us from behind. Nat grabbed her gun from the back and started shooting.

Steve held me close. Whoever it was grabbed the wheel out of sams car.

"Shit-" Sam said.

We felt the car starting to move. Steve grabbed us and his shield.

He got the car door off the hinges and tried protecting us, but Sam and I fell off.

I groaned as I had fallen off.

"Aria!" Steve called. But a huge middle was blown.

I watched Steve fall off the bridge. And then bullets we're shot at me.

I rolled up. Something hit my abdomen but I stayed running.

Once I knew I was covered I found my gun and looked around.

Steve was down under the bridge. The huge man was still up.

I grabbed my zip line and anchored to get down onto the ground. Once I was down I found Nat.

She was running towards the man. With the arm.

Steve found me and put me against a car. "Stay. Do not go any closer." He said.

He ran out. I saw Nat. She was injured.

Steve was fighting the man. He didn't have his shield. He seemed just as strong as Steve.

I ran over to Nat. She was bleeding out.

"Hey- you alright?" I asked.

She nodded softly.

I heard silence. I looked over the car.

Steve was staring at the man.

Nat quickly got up and grabbed a grenade.

"Bucky?" I heard. I looked over at Steve. Nat shot the grenade.

And just like that....strike came in.