10

"Agents!! Get up now! What are you two thinking?!"

I heard yelling. I sat up, not even knowing what was going on.

"What's going on?" I asked. God I was sore.

"Sleeping together is your answer to get her back on the team Steve?? What is going through that stupid head of yours! You were supposed to tell her that you have a mission!"

It was fury. I was in my room. Steve was putting a shirt on, one of my oversized ones.

"This isn't your business fury." Steve said.

"The hell it is! Get up and get ready you have a mission! Oh my god I make partners on a few missions and you two end up sleeping together."

I was still sitting in bed. My mind couldn't comprehend what was going on.

"Aria we have to go." Steve said.

"I never agreed to coming back."

Steve sighed and came over. "One more run. We're already late." He whispered.

I sighed and got up, grabbing my suit.

————

"Channel five steady?"

"Steady on channel five."

Steve stared at me as I finished putting my thigh holster on.

"You want to talk about last night?"

"No I don't."

Steve gave me a look. "I don't regret it."

"Good to know Rogers. I do."

"No you don't ar. I know you don't you're just pissed that fury found out." He whispered.

"And Rumlow too." Rumlow said. Great. He was on this line.

"I'm quitting after this mission. I'm sorry Steve I can't do it. I can't work for shield."

"What about the avengers?" He asked.

"The avengers frankly aren't shield."

"Mmm."

"Steve. I can't. I will help with avengers but that's it." I said.

"Aria please."

"Steve."

He sighed and opened up the door of the plane.

"Secure the engine room. Then wait for my instructions." He said before he jumped out.

————

I had fully quit with shield. Walked out.

Now I sat at home, with a door that I was fixing, and nothing but my tears.

I finished fixing my door. Now I sat on my couch. I needed to talk to someone. Call them.

I grabbed my phone and opened it. My background was a selfie with Tony and Steve at Tony's compound.

Tony.

He knew I had feelings for Steve.

I called Tony.

It rang three times before I heard his voice.

"Hey kid." He said.

"Hi." I said.

"You never call. You okay?" He asked.

"Uhm."

"What's wrong?"

"Well for starters I just quit at shield."

"Aria." He said disapprovingly. "Why?"

"Umm so first off, Steve and I hooked up last night." I said. I wiped my nose with a tissue."

"You did what??" I heard pepper say. I was obviously on speaker.

I chuckled lightly. "Yeah. And fury found us."

"Oh Jesus."

"And fury and strike broke into my house last night because I left a mission. I stopped taking my meds because they make me feel absolutely nothing like I have no emotions."

"Hey kid I hate to tell you but that's the point of depression medication." He said.

"I know." I chuckled.

I heard my door open. Steve came in with flowers and something in a box.

"Hey but I gotta go something just came up." I said.

"Is that something Steve?"

"Bye." I said and hung up.

Steve came over and sat next to me on the couch.

"I got you flowers and that chocolate cake you like." He said. "The more I thought, the more I realized that you were doing this for your mental health. And I'm proud of you for that."

I smiled softly. "Thank you."

"And I also want you to know that I don't regret any of last night. I have strong feelings for you and I know you have some for me too. And even if I don't see you at shield I still want to see you. And maybe take you out sometime." He said.

"That sounds nice." I said.

I got up and grabbed the flowers. I grabbed a vase with water and put them in.

"What did fury have to say?" I asked.

"He's pissed."

"Figured."

Steve came over and wrapped his arms around me as I fanned out a few of the flowers.

"I didn't regret last night either." I whispered.

"Good." He said. "I assumed you didn't cause you let me fuck you until you basically passed out."

"Jesus Steve watch your mouth!"

He giggled and kissed my cheek. "Yeah yeah."

"So. Where's life taking us now?"

"I'm excited to see." He said.

"Me too."

Hope you've all enjoyed this book so far!!