8

I did it. I went home.

Fury had been calling me constantly, along with Steve.

I didn't care. I snuck out and went home. I was back in Washington D.C.

Two days had passed. I was happy to be in my own apartment. But I had done absolutely nothing but sit in my bed.

I heard my phone ding.

Steve: come outside.

Me: no

Steve: do you want a door on your apartment?

Me: I love me a good hotel stay. Room service sounds great! You break my door you pay for my hotel stay until you repair it.

Steve: I have strike and fury with me.

Me: ok?

Steve: either you get to talk to fury and strike can escort you to shield or you can talk to me

Me: no.

I heard my door burst open. I stayed curled in bed. I knew I was tear stained and looked like shit. I didn't care.

Steve came into my bedroom. He had his suit on.

"Come on."

"I'm not leaving my house."

"Aria. You left a mission."

"I don't care."

"Get up."

"Will you please just leave me alone?" I whispered.

"No."

"Aria."

I rested my head against the headboard. I wanted to pull my hair out.

"Tell fury I'm fucking quitting. I can't do it. It's not just you it's the toll that's it's taken on my mental health. I can't do it Steve I just can't." I said. I moved my head down onto my knees.

"Aria don't do this."

"Steve just get." I said. I was shaking while holding back tears. I looked at him as he stood there.

"Please." I whispered.

He set his shield down.

"Steve I'm serious! I have to find a person to fix my door now and I just want peace please just- just go! Please!"

He said nothing. He got onto the bed and pulled me into a hug.

"Don't touch me."

He was too strong. I felt tiny with his strength.

He held me tight. I tried pushing away. I felt hot tears.

"Steve don't do this please. No. I can't. Stop." I said, my voice cracking from the tears.

"Aria. Stop fighting."

"Let me go." I sobbed.

"You have to talk to Fury." He said.

"No." I sobbed.

"They aren't gonna hurt you."

"Go home."

He moved me to look at him. He wiped my tears.

"Im sorry for what I said to you. I didn't mean what I said."

"You're lying."

"I'm not. I wouldn't."

"I can't do it anymore. I can't Steve."

"Yes you can. You wanna know why? Because you have a gift. You're a natural fighter."

I was still on his lap.

I got off of him. "Fury!" I screamed.

Steve stood up as I walked into my living room. Rumlow and a few people from his team were there too.

"You will not only buy me a new door, but you will find it right now. Rumlow I swear to fucking god if you and your stupid fucking group don't get out I will kill all of you myself. Fury get the fuck out too. And Steve you with them."

"Agent I think we should talk."

"No we shouldn't. Maybe you should've given me a little more time instead of breaking into my house and I would've talked." I said.

Steve sighed. "Aria if it's just me will you talk?"

I turned around from all of them. My arms crossed around myself.

"Sure." I whispered.

"Fine. But as of right now Aria you are still a shield agent."

I nodded and went back into my bedroom. I heard everyone leave.

Steve set his shield down.

"I have mens clothes. I know it sounds weird. I buy oversized mens ckorhes to wear to bed." I said. I grabbed the items out of my dresser. Sweats and a long sleeve.

"Thank you." He said. He went into my bathroom.

I sat on the bed. I looked at my hands.

Steve came back out. The pants fit okay but that shirt was tight on his muscles.

He sat next to me.

"Is there something else going on?" He asked.

"It's just my depression. It comes in waves." I said. "And my medication never seems to help."

"Are you taking what you should?"

"No."

"Ar."

"I know."

"Hey. I want you to know I'm truly sorry. I was wrong and you are on the path for true commitment and love and I don't know why I say you aren't. I guess I just feel like if you can't commit to me, I don't want you committing to anyone. I know it's selfish."

I chuckled softly. "It's not selfish." I whispered.

"Aria I've liked you since the day I met you, and I can't keep on pretending I don't."

I looked at him.

"I know. Me too."

"What?"

"Only Tony knows."

Steve stared at me.

"I-"

I pulled him into a kiss. He immediately kissed me back, no hesitation whatsoever.

He immediately grabbed my thighs, pulling me up to lay my body on the bed.....