23

Four days passed. I didn't know if Steve had shown up to the compound. I hadn't left my- our room anyways.

He could be crashing in my old room for all I know. I didn't care.

I just laid in bed. All day. And all night. I would get up only to shower and brush my teeth. I hadn't eaten.

I didn't care.

I heard a knock at my door. I knew it was Tony.

"I'm coming in. Don't be naked." Tony said. His hand was over his eyes. He peeked through and saw me laying in bed.

Tony sighed. "Alright sweetheart. You gotta stop with this." He said.

He opened up one of my curtains and lit the candle on my nightstand. I groaned and stuffed my face in my pillow.

"Aria you gotta get up. Nat made food."

"I'm not hungry." I said.

"I know you are." He said.

I sighed and moved to look at him. He sat on the bed and turned the channel of the tv.

"Hes here you know." Tony said.

"Great." I said sarcastically.

"He wants to talk to you."

"No he doesn't he just misses pussy because old Peggy can't give it to him."

"Hey now. No. I think you should talk to him."

"No. I just- I need to be left alone."

Tony sighed. He sat up and kissed my head before getting up to leave.

"She's all yours." I heard him say. I turned over. I knew it was Steve.

"Aria." Steve said. I felt the tears in my eyes again.

"Go away." I whispered.

Steve came over and sat on his side of the bed. He was in comfy clothes.

He got into bed and rested his body against the headboard.

"I don't wanna talk." I whispered.

"We don't have to." He said. He stroked my hair.

I sighed and curled closer to him. I hated that I missed him.

Steve laid back and met my eyes. He kissed my forehead. I didn't pull away. It was like I couldn't.

I rested closer to his body.

I shouldn't give in. He's such a dick.

"I'm sorry. Sometimes I almost forget that I have you right before my eyes. And I shouldn't. Because you're one of a kind. I do love you and I'm in love with you. I think just the thoughts of what could've happened if I didn't go in the ice came to mind when I saw Peggy. But when you left I realized that it was a blessing in disguise to go in the ice. I realized that I can love more than one person in life. I loved Peggy once but now I love you. I was happy to see that someone else was still alive that I knew. She wasn't a stranger. And you are mine. And I am yours. We're not just friends. That's easy to see and I'm sorry for treating you the wrong way." He said.

I just nodded. He was so warm. I missed him.

"I'm sorry for leaving." I whispered.

"Nope. You had every right. I was being a dick ar." He said.

"You've had foul language recently." I whispered.

"Yeah well who do I hear it from?"

I chuckled and looked up at him. He kissed me softly.

I missed his lips.

He moved me to lay on my back as I kissed him more. He got on top of me.

I pulled away. "Jarvis lock my door." I said and smiled at Steve.

Steve got up and shut my curtain again before lifting his shirt off and getting back on top of me.

"I've missed you so much." He said as he kissed me again. I smiled and kissed him back.

We could fight for hours, want to kill each other. Rip each other's throats. But somehow, we ended up back again.

My head thought it was toxic, but my heart didn't care. Maybe that was bad, I don't know.

"Hey wait. Shouldn't we talk about what's going on?" I whispered.

"I thought we just did." He said.

I gave him a look. "Steve..."

"Okay. Alright. Yes. What bothered you enough to leave?" He asked.

"Well you know what. I think we should talk about some ground rules now."

He sat back on the bed a bit. "Okay."

I gave him a stare. "First off, we're public now. Second, don't be a dick to me. Third, I want you to pay attention and not lie to me." I said.

"Okay." He said. He was studying me.

I sighed and got up, swiftly throwing off my shirt and getting on his lap.

He sat against the headboard, holding my waist.

"Hey before anything...are you alright? Like...I don't know you haven't eaten anything in at least three days." He said. "I don't wanna wear you out."

I smiled at him. Our skin touching.

"I'll be okay. Maybe it will help me get some good sleep."

"Yeah. I haven't slept well in four days."

"Awe you miss me?"

"Hush." He said and kissed me again.