40

Steve sat with me as we signed the courthouse papers. A buddy of mine from the fbi got us in without anyone knowing.

Sam as our witness. Steve had a cute little suit and tie on. I had a small white long sleeve dress. It felt special.

I found Steve a ring at an antique store. He said he liked it. It was just a silver band. It actually fit him perfectly.

"Aria. Do you take Steve to be your husband?"

"I do."

"Steve. Do you take aria to be your wife?"

"I do."

"Alright. You may kiss the bride."

Steve pulled me in and kissed me softly. I smiled in the kiss.

Aria Rogers.

It had a nice ring to it.

Steve pulled away and smiled at me. I did my best not to chuckle.

Sam was clapping. He fake cried.

"The lovebirds are married."

I laughed now. Steve wrapped his arm around me as I hugged him from the side.

My husband.

I looked up at Steve and smiled.

"I bought champagne. Let's go celebrate." I said softly.

————

Steve, Sam and I sat at the table. We were all sipping on champagne. The boys were playing cards while I watched.

"So. Do I need earplugs tonight?" Sam asked.

I practically choked on my drink. Steve smiled.

"Plan for it." Steve said.

"Steven Grant!"

He chuckled as he put down a card.

"Hey have you called Wanda yet? She's supposed to check in today." Steve said. I got up and grabbed my phone.

"I'll call her right now." I said as I sat in the living room.

I dialed her number. It rang for a bit.

She ended up answering after three rings.

"Hello?"

"Hi." I said. "How's everything going?"

"It's pretty good here. All good with you? How are Steve and Sam?"

She sounded eager. Like she was excited to hear.

"Sams good yeah. I'm umm. Steve and I got married." I whispered.

"WHAT??" I heard her yell into the phone. I giggled and sat back on the couch.

"Yeah he proposed to me last month and we got married at the courthouse today." I whispered.

"Oh aria I'm so happy for you." She said. "How's life not working?"

"It's nice. I'm working at an insurance company. I have a fake name and stuff. But it's been peaceful. It feels nice to finally stay put and have a house. How are you and vision?"

"We're good. It's quiet here. Nat called you recently?"

"No." I said. "That's alright though. We will stay in touch."

"I miss you." She said softly.

"I miss you too. We will see each other soon."

"Yeah." She said.

I looked over at Steve. He was smiling at me. Sam had probably gone to bed.

Steve came over and moved my head up. He sat down on the couch and put my head on his lap.

"So is Steve eager to get to you?"

I giggled. "No. The whole marriage night thing is kinda pointless when you've already had each other." I whispered. Steve chuckled.

"Makes sense. So are you going on a honeymoon?"

"I wish. But I don't think I can afford. I'm bartending on weekends too so I don't have much free time. Tomorrow I'm just going to work like any normal day."

"Well give it a year." She said.

"Yeah." I said. I looked up at Steve. He looked a little worried.

"Hey let me know if you need anything okay? This line is always open."

"Okay. Talk to you later."

"Bye." I said. I hung up and sat up.

"What's wrong?" I asked Steve.

"Nothing." He lied.

"You're a terrible liar."

He sighed and looked away.

"What's wrong?"

"I feel bad that I can't take you on a honeymoon. Or basically anywhere without the chance that I could get noticed."

I sighed and smiled. "It's okay. I'm just happy that you're my husband. That's all that matters. Maybe one day." I whispered.

I kissed him softly. He smiled and pulled away. "I promise you that one day you're gonna get a honeymoon of your dreams."

"I love you."

"I love you more." He said and kissed me again.