51

"Are you sure about this?" I asked Steve. He got ready silently, putting his suit on.

"Yeah. Yeah it's gonna be fine. I trust Tony and Bruce's inventions. And you helped make it too. I completely trust it."

I sighed and leaned against the door. "I just- what happens if you..."

"Not gonna die Aria." He whispered as he came over to me, putting his hands on my cheeks and jaw.

I smiled up at him. I rested my hands on his chest as he pulled me into a gentle kiss.

"To have and to hold. I will always stay with you." He whispered as he rested his forehead against mine.

"Through weak and through strong. I will be here when you get back." I whispered back. He kissed me again, holding me closer.

Until we heard a knock on the door. I pulled away and opened it.

Nat was standing there. "You ready?" She asked, smiling.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Steve said.

—————

"Alright everyone. For you all this is as long as you need. For me it's a minute. I need you all to be safe." I said as I pushed the buttons on the control

"This is the fight of our lives. We've lost friends and family. This can get them back. We're gonna win. Whatever it takes." Steve said. He glanced at me before glancing at Tony.

"See you in a minute." Nat said.

I pressed the button to send them off.

And I waited.

A whole minute. I waited. Ten seconds before they came back I made sure that everything was secure.

This was the longest minute of my fucking life.

I could feel the ground shake. They were coming back.

I made sure signals were good. Out of the air they popped back. One by one.

Except for Nat.

Nat.

Natasha.

No. No god no. Please no.

"Clint where's Nat?" Banner asked.

Clint was crying. Steve looked at him sadly.

No. I had already lost Wanda and now Nat? I can't. No.

Steve looked bruised on one of his cheeks. He was in an army outfit.

I held back my tears and tried not to think about the fact that my best friend was gone.

————

I sat on Steve's lap as I laid the ice on his cheek. He was tear stained. We were in a little spare room.

I had kept in my tears. Having a kid made me realize that I could hold in my emotions really well.

He was holding me close.

"Put the ice down." He said. His voice cracked from crying.

"Steve your face-"

"Put it down." He said sternly.

I set it down.

"Steve please don't yell at me now I can't take it." I whispered.

He looked up at me. He was still holding in tears.

"She was your best friend Ar. How are you not sad?"

"You have no idea. Im literally dying inside but I just wanna be there for everyone else." I whispered.