26

I watched as Steve got dressed for the day. He was putting on his jeans, still shirtless.

I was laying in bed. I had showered and gotten ready for the day but he made me get back into bed. He had forced me to take some time off. We both did.

"Am I allowed to get up?" I asked.

"No. Not unless you agree to not ask to train or do anything other than relaxing."

"Blah blah." I said. I put the comforter over my face.

Steve got onto the bed. I felt him on top of me.

He pulled away the blanket and smiled.

"Hi beautiful." He whispered.

"Oh don't hi beautiful me." I said. He chuckled and kissed me softly.

I melted into his kiss. I fucking hated him. And his stupid, pretty, lovable face.

Steve moved his kisses down my jaw and neck. I couldn't stop him.

"Steve." I whispered.

"Hmm?" He asked on my skin.

"Baby it's eight am." I whispered. He sighed and pulled away.

I gave him a small smile.

"Cock blocker." He whispered.

"Oh come on. I am not. I'm just saying." I said.

"I'm just saying too." He said.

"Steven." I said disapprovingly. "Tonight. I promise." I whispered.

"Okay." He said. He pecked my lips.

"Love you." I whispered.

"Yeah love you too." He said.

"Don't be sassy about it." I said.

"I'm not." He said. I sat up and gave him a look. He hid a smile.

"Yeah that's what I thought." I said.

————

"Is your boyfriend gonna be all protective and get all angry because you're doing work?" Tony asked as we sat in the lab.

"He can go suck a dick if he does. I'm fine and he acts like I'm sick." I said.

"Aria you are injured still." Bruce said.

"That doesn't matter. I'm fine. At this point they're just scratches."

"Like hell they're just scratches." Steve said. I looked over and saw him leaning on the doorway.

"How much did you hear?" I asked.

"Oh like you smack talking me and telling me to suck a dick?" He asked.

"Woahhh cap never swears." Bruce said. Steve sighed and looked down.

"Show them your wounds if they're just scratches Ar." Steve said.

I looked around. Tony gave me a look.

I sighed and pulled off the gauze.

"Aria!" Tony said.

"I'm fine." I groaned. "And I'm tired of being babied. If I say I'm fine I'm fine. You guys get bruises or hurt yourself till you're hospitalized and no one says anything but when I have a wound it's baby Central. I'm a grown adult and I can speak for myself!"

"Okay but ar. You're a human being. Steve isn't. He's a super soldier. I'm not. I have the green guy with me. Tony has a metal heart." Bruce said.

"So because I'm just normal that's why?" I asked. "Or is it because I'm a girl. And it's because I'm younger."

"Hey no one said that." Tony said.

"You don't do it to nat!"

The room was quiet.

"Exactly. I'm not a child!"

"Aria we just don't want you to push yourself." Steve said.

"No you just wanna make sure that I can do little to nothing. I mean if I'm not a benefit to this team you can all just fucking say it." I said as I walked out.

————

I sat on the balcony of the complex. It was kinda nice to see all of New York from that little spot.

It was getting dark. The sun was setting.

I heard footsteps. I knew it was Steve. He had a certain rhythm of walking.

He sighed and sat down next to me. He took off his hoodie and put it on my lap. I put it on.

I didn't wanna admit that it was cold. I was glad he had a long sleeve on still though.

"You wanna talk?"

"No." I stated coldly.

"Okay." He said. He grabbed my hand. I let him take it. He intertwined our fingers and rubbed my hand with his thumb. His veins were so perfect.

I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Im sorry. I've been super moody lately." I whispered.

"It's alright." He said. "Wait. What?"

"What?"

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked.

"Yes."

"When was the last time you got your period-"

"-Steve I'm not pregnant. I thought about it already and took a test." I said.

"Okay." He whispered. "Not that I would be mad. That sounds amazing but I just..with the serum I just-"

"I get it. I know." I said.

"I couldn't risk losing you over having a child is all." He whispered.

I looked up at him. He was staring at the view.

"What do you mean?"

"When I got the serum there were a few things that they worried about. One, children. Two, getting drunk. And three, my bone structure. But basically if I impregnated you the child would have half my serum, which could lead to growing too quickly, or the child being too strong and ending up killing you during birth." He said. "I've always wanted kids but I knew it was out of the option. Bruce agreed with the theories. He actually explained that if I ever got a girl pregnant, I should have them abort within the first five weeks." He said.

I nodded softly.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said while smiling.

He gave me a little look before looking out at the city.

"I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. I know that you're all trying to look out for me and I shouldn't be so rude about it. I guess I'm just not used to people actually caring for me."

"I'm sorry to. You're right you're an adult and you know your stopping point. I just care about you and I don't want you pushing yourself too hard." He said.

"If I can endure sex with you then I can endure everyday life." I whispered. He chuckled.

"I love you so much." He said.

"Speaking of sex..."

"Let's go." He said.