Prologue (2)

The year is 2017, a year had passed since "portals" appeared all over the world and brought monsters along with them. Many people suffer on that day and all hopes seemed lost, as even bullets and tanks aren't effective against the monsters. However, humanity was given a fighting chance when people started developing powers that could rival the monsters. These abilities developed from the inner desires of humans—whether it would be their will to live or their hope to protect their loved ones. People who'd gained such powers will all be evaluated using a special machine yearly in order to determine their strength and what "Class" they belong to. After a worldwide examination, a total of 4 primary classes were discovered: Fighter. Mage. Archer, and Support, in which there are many other sub-categories, like Healer, Paladin, Sniper, Assassin, and more. Around 60% of the world's population had now been designated as "Heroes" and had been given official licenses to help bypass even national security if it means that they could reach monster-infested areas and rescue those who couldn't protect themselves.

Humanity has evolved past the point of scientific explanation and many world systems have been changed to adapt to the new era of monsters and game-like powers. Along with those changes, schools now mainly focus on developing children's fighting prowess and along with the many changes, a new school has been built—The Stella Academy—with the purpose of training high school students with great potential where they hope to create the future stars of humanity.

Theodore and Merlin transferred to this school a few months after the first portals incident, their schedules and lessons had changed entirely, now they had to do something close to military training each day with little time to stay in classrooms. Some children loved these changes since they no longer have to worry about homework while some preferred to sit in class rather than work out—While there are many voices about these changes, the government deemed this as something necessary to do for the future of humanity.

.

.

.

"Listen up!" An instructor wearing military gear shouted at the group of students. Around 60 people were standing on the plains, each wearing a different colored uniform distinguishing them into groups: Red. Yellow. Green and Blue. Everyone would turn their heads toward the well-built man and hastily line up in front of him, separating each other into their own teams. "Today, each group will be assigned to an area. Your task is simple: Kill or be killed. Hunt every monster in your area, you all have three days to complete this task."

Immediately after they'd been given their assignments, people started muttering to each other. Theodore and Merlin, who were on the green team, looked at each other for a moment before turning towards the rest of their group. There are a total of 15 people on their team and around half of them were looking at the two boys with expectations glinting in their eyes. "Theodore, you would take care of the monsters like always right?"

"I want to eat Merlin's cooking!"

"Seven girls and eight boys..." Theodore let out a sigh, the people in each team were assigned at random with the thoughts of balancing the gender in mind. He'd never met any of them before so it was hard for someone like him to properly socialize, he was lucky to have Merlin with him. "We should start discussing our strategy first. It seems the instructors won't be giving us anything apart from some camping materials. This includes food."

"Hah...I'll have to hunt again aren't I?" Merlin scratched his head. After Theo had officially been evaluated as a mage, the redhead had developed the skills of a "Hunter" a sub-class of the Archer, they specialized in gathering materials and have the great accuracy of a bowman.

"Yes! Please be our cook again!"

"I can't eat Chris' cooking, last time he gave me food poisoning..."