Chapter 31

<<Skill: One of the Same

Rank: B
Origin: Ophiuchus’ Staff and Sword
Type: Utility
Cooldown: None

Description: The Staff and the Sword are born from the alterations of their myth’s stories, but in the end, they’re one of the same. These two weapons will always be connected to one another and can feel each other's presence, the wielders of the Staff and Sword can also use this connection to communicate from any place across any dimension. This skill works similarly to a telephone in which a side could choose to connect or disconnect the call at will.>>

Ophiuchus’ Staff had projected a screen showing Lawrence’s side, it was like face timing but with the use of magic, Theodore had almost forgotten completely about the staff's ability with all the preparations he needed to do for the battle.

In the background, Greed’s forces were attacking Asmodeus’ and Rhys’, the fight seemed to be stuck at a stalemate at the current moment and the demon king had urged him to hurry up and cross the mountain.

Theodore willed the staff to disappear and looked up at the peak, his enhanced vision and senses allowed him to just barely see the top, Hell’s sky had no clouds, so it made things a lot easier too. “Alright then…Let’s get to work…”

[Shadow Warp]

The ground beneath him suddenly turned dark and his shadow shifted towards his feet, the clump of darkness began to solidify and emerged from the ground, engulfing his entire body and in an instant he would feel that he’d been lifted off of his feet.

When the shadow parted, he would find himself standing on top of the snowy peak of the mountain, looking down, the two armies looked like waves of ants crashing onto each other with the occasional flames and sparks of magic coming from patches of the army.

<<MP: 6,237/10,000>>

[The Ophiuchus’ Staff’s Passive ‘Serpent’s Tenacity’ is replenishing your Mana Points!]

<<MP: 7,037/10,000 [Recovering]>>

Theodore turned his attention away from the battle below and began walking towards the other side of the peak, the temperature was low but it wasn’t anything that he couldn’t handle, after all, Frozen Disaster was several times colder than this.

It took him around ten minutes until he’d finally reached his destination, despite the mountain being a cone shape, the peak was still large enough that walking on foot made things difficult.

‘I need to conserve my mana, so I won't use Shadow Warp again.’ Theodore sighed as he stretched his arms in the air, feeling his muscles numbing from the continuous walk.

<<MP: 10,000/10,000>>

Theodore leaned forward and looked below him, seeing the circular-shaped city bustling with life from the soldiers quickly dispatching from within, archers lined the castle walls and some of them were loading up cannons.

“Now then…Where to attack first…?”

After sweeping his eyes across the city, he soon found his first destination, it was a large building encircled by thick walls similar to the city’s walls, the red banners with the symbol of a golden dragon hung by the gates, it wasn’t hard to guess that they used the dragon to represent Greed.

Theodore wanted to destroy that place because it was a barrack and armory, he could see the tiny soldiers picking up their swords and spears from all the way up the mountain.

“…Looking this far is straining my eyes.” He rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times, although he can adjust his vision at will, using it like that for too long had side effects too. “I should hurry up.”