Chapter 59

Advanced spells, something only heroes of B rank and above could hope to use, most of the time it requires lengthy preparation and incantation to use and consumes a lot of mana.

Theodore didn't realize it at first, but after his reincarnation, he began to notice that the advanced spells were somehow connected to gods of different mythologies.

Like his Devouring Winter, which was Boreas' magic, the spell that Noah used corresponded to the 'Queen of Magic'.

'Isis, Goddess of Healing and Magic.'

[Warning! The Advanced Spell 'Isis' Judgement' is being casted!]

[None of your magic is strong enough to go against the Queen of Magic's power, Magic Defenses decrease by 50%.]

The purple magic circle glowed bright with power before a rainbow beam shot from its center, it was half the diameter of the circle which left no room for the paralyzed Theodore to dodge.

The attack was a sure-hit, no one thought that he could've avoided it.

Smoke that'd engulfed the entire area began to part, first revealing the smirking Charles who was unharmed by Noah's spell, the sword in his hand gleamed an orange hue and seemed to be radiating with power akin to that of the Isis' Judgement. "...What will you do now? You're probably out of stamina from our combined attacks."

<<HP: 3,174,620/7,000,000>>

[The Bloodline Skill 'Immortality' is restoring your Health Points!]

<<HP: 3,190,000/7,000,000>>

When the dust finally settled, Theodore was still standing in his spot, he'd plucked out the two blades stuck in his body and his wounds were recovering at a visible rate. His expression alone spoke of his frustration as his gaze snapped towards Noah. "When this paralysis effect is over...I'll start with you, mage."

"Ha," Charles slowly shook his head, his shoulders relaxing slightly which meant that he was still greatly underestimating his opponent. "Do you know why my friend casted the spell while I was running at you?"

Theodore annoyingly turned towards the swordsman. "Because that sword you have can absorb attacks."

"Sharp eyes," Charles chuckled. "It increases the damage it can do to its opponents...But I didn't attack you since it doesn't account for durability, I can't risk my precious blade breaking."

"...What's your point?"

"Man, aren't you in such a rush?" Charles impaled the sword into the ground and immediately the aura surrounding it flared outwards, growing big enough to become a tornado of energy sending debris and dust flying everywhere around him. "With those sharp eyes of yours, you could probably figure it out, right?"

[The Covetous Blade accepts the sacrifice.]

[The Avaricious Dragon responds to its Blade's call.]

The flaming halo of magic that was once irregular suddenly took shape, it curled and twisted itself until the image of a western dragon formed around Charles' figure, and in mere moments, its eyes flared to life.

"Who dares to summon me." A familiar voice sounded out as the dragon's feet touched the ground. It shrunk into the figure of a human as the rest of its body emerged.

The silhouette solidified until an actual person stood in its place, he looked the same as when they'd met before with his yak-like horns, long silver hair and burning gold eyes, though this time he wore an extravagant brown suit instead of his usual orange ones, making him look like a victorian-era noble instead of a businessman.