Chapter 60

Surprise~ Two chapters today, I've been working on them for around ten days, the next chapter would probably come out early though since I've wrote a bit of it after Chapter 60. Enjoy!

———————————————————————————————————————————

Merlin dashed backwards and put his hands up in self-defense. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN? YOU'RE GOING TO USE ME AS A MEDIUM?"

Theodore frowned. "Legitimate possession requires a certain amount of faith in the god, you fit the bill to a tee, Merlin."

"Faith...Faith?"

"I scanned the entire room earlier..." Theodore crossed his arms, straightening himself. "You're the one with the highest faith out of anyone in here."

[Deitify: Eyes of God.]

<<Eugene Brooks: 70% Faith.>>

<<Frey Windell: 84% Faith.>>

<<Hina Misuki: 66% Faith.>>

<<Merlin Everhart: 112% Faith.>>

"Over a hundred percent faith...You must really like me." Theodore muttered as he checked the faith again with his skill.

[Over 50% Faith symbolizes a good relation between a god and their followers.]

[Over 100% Faith symbolizes an exceptional relation between a god and their followers.

[A 10% extra increase in all stats will be given to those with over 100% Faith when their god blesses them.]

[At least 70% Faith is required to perform the descension method: "Possession".]

[Followers with 100% Faith or higher will increase the duration of the possession.]

Merlin immediately got frustrated, it wasn't difficult for an excellent hunter like him to hear what Theodore just whispered. "You're going to use my friendship for this!? Taking over my body!? Besides, isn't it that you can't use your full power when in possession anyway!?"

"It's better than leaving the majority of my strength out in the open for those hyenas to snatch."

"What about other god's domains? Can't you leave your remaining powers to someone trustworthy?"

"No, you either leave it in the middle of nowhere or your own domain, you can't perform Partial Descension in another god's house."

"F*ck!!!"

"Hey, it's not like I'm going to permanently take over your body."

Merlin went quiet after hearing that, his shoulders relaxed as he eyed his best friend with a confused look. "You...What?"

"What?"

Eugene glanced back and forth between the two of them. "Merlin, did you really think that Theodore would just steal your body? It's pretty clear."

"Huh?" Merlin blinked, still confused. "I...Wait, wouldn't that mean you won't ever be back? If you leave earth...you're gone?"

Theodore rubbed the back of his neck. "I meant to use possession for the time being until I can grab myself a domain, I'm just worried that the human world might be in danger while I'm gone."

"Oh..." Merlin looked down. "You will...You will be back though, right?"

"When I get myself a domain, yes." Theodore of course looked up a way to get himself an accommodation in the divine realm, he couldn't take Apophis' domain despite having her powers and titles, so the only way to get one was to claim an empty spot.