Chapter 32

Along with the announcement of the new main quest, Theodore conjured up several magic circles, all with different colors ranging from the gold of holy spells to the dark purple of Demon Arts, thanks to the newly upgraded 13th’s Knowledge, his control over magic had significantly improved.

Mammon laughed. “So be it!” He raised his hand before letting it drop to the front, signaling for the army to march forward.

The ‘Blessed Battalion’ roared and charged towards Theodore, their expressions filled with bloodlust as they were swept by the heat of the battle.

And things hadn’t even started yet.

‘They’re crazy…’ Theodore thought as he activated his magic, the circles in front of him gleamed dangerously before projectiles shot forward, impaling anyone they touched, the ones that’d managed to avoid his arcane frenzy got close enough to deliver cuts and stabs, with their weapons being high tier, they’d managed to scratch into him.

Though his increased hit points made the attacks more of an annoyance than an actual threat. ‘Blessed Battalions, huh, let’s see if you’re still blessed after this!’

Theodore thrashed his body violently, sending his tail smacking against the wave of demons, their armor were strong but it merely caused more pain to the wearer as the sheer force of his attack broke their bones and crushed their organs, they would’ve died in a single hit if not for the armor absorbing some of the impact.

The sights of their fellow brethren didn’t cause the army to waver, instead, their battle cries grew fiercer and their attacks more persistent.

Theodore sucked in a deep breath and shot out holy fire from his mouth; they only needed to scratch against the demons for its attributes to take effect; anyone unlucky enough to have been touched by the fire would continuously burn until nothing but their ashes remained.

“A demon king using holy magic?” Mammon sounded confused yet intrigued at the same time, he hadn’t made his move yet most likely because he thought one thousand trained troops would be enough to put a newbie in his place. “Seems like I’ve underestimated you, serpent. Very well, I’ll take this seriously.”

Following those words, Greed got off of his horse and flicked his wrist, causing his mount to disappear in a wisp of golden flames. He stretched his hands outward before conjuring up his own magic, it was the Demon Arts, but the aura was orange unlike Theodore’s dark purple.

Theo immediately noticed the magic’s presence and swiped his tail once again, clearing away the demon soldiers, he used this opportunity and pushed his body against the ground, flinging himself to the perimeter of the crater and creating some distance between him and his opponents.

He wouldn’t stand by idly and casted his own spells, a big purple magic circle appeared up above, it shined ominously as it grew larger and larger, until it was ready to manifest a dark ball in the center of the circle.

[Doom Desire: Half-Stage]

[Doomsday: 21%]

<<MP: 15,000/20,000>>

Mammon had surrounded himself in the orange demonic energy and was now rushing towards Theodore, it was as if he was running on air as he hovered a few meters off the ground. He pulled back his arm and prepared to strike him with a punch, but Theo easily leaned his body to the side and dodged the attack, however, Greed’s punch had caused a powerful gale which created a large hole in the ground.

After seeing this, Theodore retreated once again and prepared another spell. ‘…I shouldn’t be holding back, he’s seriously going to kill me.’

[‘Lightbringer’ has detected a threat to its savior.]