Chapter 8

[The Green Hydra has been digested. Showing consumable skills.]

<<Grey Hydra (Eight-Headed) Skills.

-Super Regeneration [Skill]:

This skill will activate the moment your body is injured. Any and all forms of wounds, including illnesses and poisons, can be dispelled by this ability. [Owned]

[Duplicate Skill detected! If you choose this option, your Bloodline Skill 'Super Regeneration' will increase by one level!]

-Mythic Roar [Skill]:

The user lets out a nerve-shaking roar. Simply hearing it would render any creature of a lower level to be paralyzed with fear. The effects can be shaken off by higher intelligent beings.>>

Theodore was woken up by the sudden notification, his vision returned to his eyes and he slightly lifted his head to look at a screen that'd appeared in front of him.

"...Oh, give me the 'Super Regeneration' skill then." He'd almost forgotten about the hydra he'd eaten yesterday, he did it on the spur of the moment since he thought his friend was about to steal his kill.

[The Bloodline Skill: 'Super Regeneration' has been upgraded!]

<<Bloodline Skills: Super Regeneration [50%] (Lvl.2) —> Super Regeneration [50%] (Lvl.3)>>

He dismissed the screen and began looking around, noticing that the sun was just about to rise, spreading rays of orange light across the sky. "Huh, it took that long to digest the hydra?"

[Yes. Due to the toxicity of its blood, your skill 'Master of Poison' is still too low-leveled to properly dispel it.]

The System's voice rang out in his mind. After getting a reasonable explanation, he began slithering towards the entrance of the pocket space.

He peeked his head through the window frame and turned towards Merlin, who has his messy orange hair poking through his thick blanket, his chest rising up and down as he softly snores in his sleep.

He crawled down from the pocket space and went onto the bed, he stared at his friend and he suppressed a laughter as a cunning thought came to his mind. "Oh, aren't you sleeping so peacefully...? It would be a shame...IF SOMEONE WAKES YOU UP!"

After a loud shout, he threw himself onto Merlin's body, the impact from a 15-meters-long snake caused the ginger to wake up screaming. "Ah!! What the f*ck!? Theo!?"

"Wake up!" He continued to slam his heavy physique onto his friend as he let out cries of surprise.

"Hey! Stop that! You're going to break my ribs!!! I surrender! I surrender!!!"

Theodore would stop after hearing Merlin's desperate shouting, he circulated him until he was loosely wrapping around his body before perking his head up. "Do you have anything to do today? I want to farm some experience points in Delphi."

"H—Huh? Oh, um...Today is Monday so I need to go to school." Merlin said while rubbing the drowsiness from his eyes. "I can send you off first though. Are you going right now?"

"With my current strength, I can probably gain a million EXP per day if I hunt non-stop." Theodore had already done the necessary calculations, for the next four or five days, he can level up once before his experience points requirement reaches the sixth digit. "So the earlier I can leave, the better."

[You'll gain an option for new Bloodline Skills every 5 Levels.]

The System prompted, as if it'd read his thoughts. Unlike evolution, the specification for getting a new skill was reduced to only five levels instead of the usual ten, this is most likely because his growth would stagnate if the constraint was too high.