Chapter 15

“Watch out!”

Theodore’s first reaction was to counteract. He conjured up multiple magic circles and controlled the incoming fire into a central point, causing it to swirl upwards before finally dispersing into little flickers, leaving behind only vaporized smog from the clash between two different temperatures.

“Not bad.” A middle-aged woman spoke as a shadow emerged from the mist.

She could’ve been mistaken as a man if not for her chest and feminine face, her greenish body was muscular and tall. Her hair was short and tied into a little pony tail, decorated with colorful feathers which appeared around her tribe-like outfit, and in her hand was a wooden staff with a red gemstone embedded onto the tip.

“…You’re a sage.” Theodore eyed the woman with caution, even Merlin knew something was wrong and stepped back until he was almost hiding behind his large body.

The female troll smiled. “So you know, and here I thought you were nothing but a mindless snake.”

“Y—Young mistress!”

“Please don’t provoke the Great Serpent!”

The sage frowned at the other trolls, confused about their reaction, at first she thought they were faking it for a hidden purpose but she soon realized that they truly were afraid of the giant snake. “…What’s wrong with you guys?”

“We’ve made a god furious! We need to compensate for our foolishness!”

“Great Serpent?” The female troll turned to face Theodore. “It’s just another monster! So why—“

She suddenly paused as she stared at him with round eyes, a hint of terror visible in her gaze. “Wh—What the hell are you?”

[The Sage had activated the skill ‘Nature’s Eyes’.]

[She’s now staring at the Fragment of the Original.]

From the sage’s view, a dark serpent-like shadow loomed over Theodore’s figure, it was at least twice as big as him while a pair of blood-red eyes gazed down at her coldly as if it didn't consider her a living being.

Theodore glanced towards Merlin for a moment then looked at the trolls, he suddenly had a thought of how he could use this situation to his advantage.

‘Instead of killing them all for experience points…Wouldn’t it be best to make use of the Deitify attribute?’

He would’ve smirked if he could.

“Have you realized the graveness of your situation?” The Forest Trolls flinched at his speech.

“What are you doing?” Merlin whispered to him, but Theo ignored him for the time being.

“Your kin has surrendered to my prowess, yet you dare to attack me again? Do you wish for your tribe’s fall?”

The sage took a step back, her expression still filled with fear. “No…No, I—“

“Young mistress! It is not too late!” The other trolls sounded desperate, and since she's the daughter of the Forest Trolls’ leader, she naturally felt the need to prioritize her people first.

The sage swallowed her pride before slowly kneeling. She dropped her staff and lowered her head until it touched the ground. “Oh Great Serpent of the Oracle, please forgive this lowly soul, I’ve made a big mistake.”

Theodore held his head high. “A fool’s first mistake can be forgiven. Now, take me to your chief.”

The sage flinched but still kept her body down low. “May I ask why you want to meet with my father?”