Chapter 54

Theodore and his friends had been walking for quite a while now, they were around half an hour away from finally stepping out of Delphi Forest's bounds.

"Feels like forever...It's hot as hell too." Merlin complained for the fifth time as he pulled on the collar of his shirt.

"Well, technically hell isn't this hot." Eugene shrugged, seemingly unaffected by the forest's hot weather. "We've been there before, so you should know."

"I know, I know..." Merlin sighed. "Still...Theo, are we close to the exit? Everywhere I turn my head it's just tree after tree..."

Theodore looked at the ginger. "Close, maybe thirty minutes or so if we keep up the pace."

"Ah...! Thirty minutes!? I don't think I can walk for another ten!"

But before another word was spoken, Theodore's eyes suddenly widened and every hair on his body stood on end. Instinctively, he edged his body to the side just as something small and sharp flew past him before embedding itself into a tree.

"Who's there!" Theodore shouted, causing his two friends to take out their weapons even though they couldn't feel that anyone was within their vicinity.

"So you dodged that?" A woman's voice sounded out as another dagger flew towards Theodore, who simply turned his body again and avoided the attack. "You're better than you look."

"Why are you suddenly attacking...?"

"No one should be in this forest." A male's voice spoke as a silhouette flew out of the bushes in front of Theodore, it came straight at him at an abnormal speed that even he couldn't see, though his body moved on reflex and he put his arms up to block the incoming man.

'BANG!'

The sounds of one extremely durable object against another sounded throughout the woods. Theodore narrowed his eyes in annoyance, a fully-armored man was pushing against him with nothing but his braced arms, his face was the only thing that was exposed through his thick armor. "...Paladin?"

<<Name: Paul Ramirez

HP: 800,000/800,000
Status Condition: None. Healthy.

Species: Awakened Human
Age: 23
Rank: A+
Class: Paladin
Specialty: Nicknamed the 'Wall of Humanity', has immense defenses of both magical and physical attacks.

Equipment: Ramirez Specialty [Extra Info Available]
Elements: None.

[There are other viewable information.]>>

Paul's eyebrows knitted themselves into a confused frown, he gritted his teeth and pushed his arms further into Theodore's, but it didn't budge one bit. "...Who are you? How can you block my attack?"

"Why do I have to answer you?" Theodore ducked underneath Paul, causing the paladin to lose balance due to his own force; it gave Theo the chance to sweep his legs before rolling to the side and letting physics do the work.

All of this happened in a single second, and before Paul could even realize that he was falling, his mouth was already full of dirt.

Merlin and Eugene looked at each other for a moment before turning their attention to Theodore. "Seems like you don't need—"

The redhead didn't get the chance to finish speaking since something suddenly hit him from behind, he stumbled forward and fell face-first to the ground and Eugene would follow soon after.

"Your teammates are down, give up." Frey spoke as he held out his sword, eyes sparkling literally with tiny bolts of lightning, he pointed a finger towards the two fallen men and suddenly a band of electricity wrapped around them, binding their bodies to the ground.