Chapter 62

He was back floating in the endless space-like void of the divine world, but this time Theodore was fully conscious of himself. "...Straight until I see a portal..."

He took a step forward and surprisingly his feet touched something solid, the feeling of floating in a vacuum disappeared instantly and gravity took place once again, it was slightly nerve-racking since it felt like he could fall off at any given time, but nonetheless, he steeled his mind and moved forward.

Time and space didn't correlate with each other in this plane, Theodore felt like he'd only walked a few steps, yet his internal clock told him that a few hours had already passed. He didn't indulge himself in the mysteries and continued his journey down the invisible path until eventually something poked out in the distance.

They were portals, all of them had different colors and shapes, with different structures surrounding them and acting as a frame, some only had the support while some had an entire floor sticking out in front of it, though none of them were complete constructs, as if they'd been broken off and left as ruins in the void of the divine world.

Theodore steadily got closer to the one Apophis had mentioned, it was the most grandiose out of all that surrounded him, it had a runway made from marble with greek-style pillars and torches rising from the perimeter, the portal itself was resting on top of an elevated floor, it has a golden frame with an omega symbol protruding from the top and the greek letters engraved on the gold casing read as: 'Olympus' Sky'

"So it's here." Without an ounce of hesitation, he stepped through the portal.

.
.
.

'Blinked.'

His vision adjusted to the sudden change in scenery. He looked around and raised his guard, not knowing what kind of place he'd ended up in, although after a few moments, he relaxed.

He was standing in the middle of a limestone road. It was bustling with activity, as if he'd been sent to a town instead of wherever Olympus was. The people wore greek-style clothing and spoke in their native language, although it wasn't a problem for Theodore to understand them, he didn't pay attention to their conversations but he was simply surprised at how 'normal' the place seemed.

'...Am I in the right place?'

[You are.] Ouroboros' spoke, his voice resonating inside his head. [Apologies for being gone for a while...I see you've grown into quite a fine deity.]

'Nice timing,' Theodore replied with his thoughts. 'It's time we let our names be known throughout the divine world, if you know where Zeus could be hiding then let me know.'

[Olympus...Huh.] Ouroboros went quiet for a moment, but would eventually speak after some thinking. [The Pantheon should be visible from where you're standing, look up a bit.]

Theodore did as he was told and looked ahead, immediately spotting a large building resting on top of a cloud-covered mountain. The Pantheon, known for being the temple of the gods, he'd seen documentaries about it while surfing the internet a while ago. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the gods would use its gorgeous design as their home.

'That's it?'

[Yes, although it is heavily guarded by sacred spirits, so you must traverse carefully.]

Theodore softly grumbled, frustrated that things couldn't go as smoothly as he'd hoped. Though it wouldn't make sense for the Pantheon to not have any security measures. He took a deep breath and began to walk. "Might as well take a look around while I'm at it..."

"Come, come! Take a look at these golden apples! They're freshly plucked from the garden!"

"Feel free to try out our new menu! Today's specialty is the mortal's 'Gwenducky's Fried Chicken'!"