Chapter 3

The hydra's permanent rage-filled gaze glared at him as he crawled closer to its cold, frozen body. He stared back at it, feeling no sympathy for its death. After all, who would feel sorry for someone who tried to kill him? Theodore took a deep breath before activating his new skill. [Ambitious Snake: Devour]

From his body, a green translucent silhouette of a larger snake emerged, its size was around as big as the hydra itself. It opened its jaw wide before beginning to swallow the monster starting from its head. It took the snake around five minutes to fully consume its prey, and once it was done, it disappeared into small light particles.

Theodore suddenly felt full, as if he was the one that'd eaten the hydra instead of that large snake. He could feel that his movements were being limited, just as the skill's description had said. "System, show me the updated quest window."

[Very well.]

<<Main Quest #1

-Kill a monster (1/1) [Completed]

The requirement to unlock the next part of the quest has been fulfilled. Here is your next quest:

-Evolve into a mythical creature (Lvl.35)

Time Limit: 24 Hours.

(After completing the second half of the main quest. You'll be greatly rewarded. Information is hidden by ■■)>>

Theodore frowned at the boxes at the bottom of the screen, he guessed that it's the name of the god who'd reincarnated him. He chose not to think about it too much and instead focused on the quest given to him.

He remembered that he still had some skill points to use and decided to invest 20 points into the magic stats and put the rest into speed.

<<Name: Theodore Varon

Species: Green Gaboon Viper (3 Meters) (Evolutions Available)

Lvl: 21

EXP: 420/100,000

Skill Points: 0

HP: 6100/6100

MP: 400/400

Attack: 14

Speed: 21

Defense: 8

Charm: 2

Intelligence: 12

Magic: 31

Personal Attributes: Gaze of Wisdom (Lvl.1). Thermal Vision (Lvl.MAX). Venom (Lvl.3). Agility (Lvl. 1). Tongue Receptor (Lvl. 1). Will to Live (Lvl.1)

Skills: Ice Magic (Lvl.3). Ambitious Snake: Devour (Lvl.1)>>

Theodore nodded with approval at the looks of his stats and began to think of his next plans. "...I'm strong enough to hunt monsters now...I'll start with that."

He was worried about the one day time limit, but after some careful calculations, he concluded that getting to level thirty five was just doable if he continuously hunted non-stop. The best course of action is to begin immediately.

With a flick of his tongue, he received the information on his surroundings, he recognized the 'smell' of great tits from somewhere to his left. Although a single bird doesn't give that many experience points compared to before. Instead, he focused on finding more ant colonies to exterminate, since if he's lucky, he could get up to a hundred thousand exp in one fell swoop.

However, since he was given a speed penalty, he couldn't hunt with full efficiency, so it took him around thirty minutes of wandering around to finally find another ant colony.