Chapter 41

[The effects of the Personal Attribute ‘Godspeed’ have ended.]

<<Speed: 4,250 —> Speed: 850>>

“What do you think?” Theodore shrugged childishly, which instantly made Leviathan’s face turn red, her brows knitted closer together as she gritted her teeth, her attitude now would’ve most likely made Wrath proud.

“F*ck! I can still beat you to death you f*cker!” Leviathan tried lashing out at him, though she would suddenly toppled forward and fall fast-first onto the ground.

Theodore watched as the demon king tried her best to get up, just for her arms and legs to work against her and she kept falling back down. She glared up at him and said something about his family lineage, but the ‘Discord of the Flesh’ had also made it difficult for her to speak and he was barely able to make out her words.

Theodore huffed as a response. “What did you say again? It’s hard to hear you when you’re whining like a dog.”

“%!?&*” Leviathan screamed, though this time he didn’t know what she was saying at all.

Theodore decided that he should end her quickly before the status condition was dispelled. He unsummoned his staff and held out his hand, manifesting a small blue magic circle on top of his palm. Ice particles began to rise from around the perimeter as a sword slowly constructed itself, starting from the handle until it eventually stopped at the tip of the blade.

[The user of ‘Envious Grasp’ has been significantly weakened.]

[Your magical energy is returning to you.]

Leviathan's eyes widened, it seemed that she realized what was about to happen too. "No…! I #&!??​& F*ck! #&$#@??!"

Theodore ignored the demon king's cries, he couldn't understand what she was saying anyway. He gripped the frozen sword in his hands and pointed the tip downwards, aiming directly at her back where her heart was. "Good bye."

"!!​*?#@?!!!!??" Leviathan​ screeched at the top of her lungs as Theodore struck down as hard as he could, impaling through her back and the fleshy, wet sound of a blade slicing against meat rang out upon impact.

'Great, she didn't get the chance to shift into the second phase.' He thought to himself with relief as he plucked out the sword, letting it disappear while watching Leviathan's body slowly disintegrated into light particles.

He was expecting there to be a Status Orb lying where she once laid, though to his surprise, only blood and frost remained on the grassy spot. Frowning, he asked the System. 'What's wrong? Didn't I kill her?'

[Death is not permanent within the 'Arena of Trials'.]

'What…?'

[The Hall of Sins' evaluation is merely a test of what could have been, the Demon King of Envy is only transported back to the real world once she'd died in the 'Arena of Trials'.]

Theodore grabbed the back of his neck, massaging it lightly as his brows untie themselves. '...Huh, that's a shame, getting Envy's ability would be nice.'

He made a mental note to consider killing Leviathan once everything was over, though he would need to be sure that he gained more power to ensure an absolute win, unlike this messy fight that he'd just barely avoided losing.

[The Bloodline Skill 'Super Regeneration' has been activated!]

[Due to the effects of the Bloodline Skill 'Flaming Life', your healing effectiveness has been increased!]

Theodore needed to be at top condition before moving on to another area, he didn't want the other demon kings to jump him the moment they saw that he was injured.