Chapter 29

“Anyway,” Asmodeus stood with her arms akimbo. “What’s up with him? Why is his face messed up?”

Theodore glanced towards Rhys behind him. “I punched him, he tried to use a slave collar on me.”

Asmodeus laughed. “Wow, he’s just as idiotic as Lilith.”

Rhys didn’t say anything and kept his head low, he seemed to have a lot on his mind however Theodore’s command prevented him from speaking out loud, his face expressed both anger and pain.

The demon king didn’t seem to be interested in the details. “Thanks Theodore, more people would’ve died if you didn’t help me. With their leader gone, the rebellion group should start dispersing soon.”

Theodore nodded. “You should probably keep your guard up, the rebellion group is crazy enough to challenge a demon king and even kill their own people, they might be too stubborn to give up.”

Asmodeus giggled as she covered her mouth with the back of her hand. “Aw, you’re worried about me?”

“I’m more worried about the people here, even if they aren’t that smart or strong, they have feelings and know the pain of losing their loved ones.” Theodore spoke in a serious tone, contrary to Asmodeus’.

“That’s perfect then,” The demon king spoke as if she’d already anticipated him to say something along that line. “You remember when I say that I have something to announce?”

As soon as she finished her sentence, a group of mermaid demons slowly got out of their hiding spots, they all gathered around behind Asmodeus and looked at her with questioning expressions.

An old demon was the first to speak up. “Your majesty, why did you call us here?”

Theodore frowned at the demon king. “What are you doing?”

Asmodeus’ lips curled into a bright smile as she turned to face the low-rank demons. “I have something I would like to say!” Her hands spreaded to her side, more specifically, she was trying to get people to look towards Theodore.

“…Asmodeus?”

She ignored him and continued her speech. “From today onward, he, the new Demon King of Pride, will now rule over the Lake of Rage!”

Theodore was obviously stunned, his eyes slightly widened and anger bubbled inside his chest, it felt as if the demon king had just shifted her responsibilities onto him. “Asmodeus, take that back, I’m not taking on your work.”

“Eh? But you’re a demon king now! You need a territory to rule over!”

“Demon King of Pride?” The old demon frowned as he stared at Theodore, it was clear that he and every other low rank demon didn’t seem to believe what they’d just heard. “But Lord Lucifer is sealed away, how can he be here? Your majesty, please enlighten us.”

“Oh, he’s not Lucifer.” Asmodeus spoke with a bright smile as she pointed an index finger towards Theodore. “He took his title after killing him.”

“I don’t believe that.” Another low rank demon spoke up, they seemed to respect Asmodeus but they also wouldn’t believe everything she said either. “We have spent thousands of years following true strength, that man you claimed to be the new Pride had not shown us anything, why should we follow him?”

“Ha? But didn’t he save your life?”

“If we were armed and prepared, we wouldn’t have struggled against the rebellion group.”

Asmodeus frowned as she hummed, thinking of how to fix the situation, she glanced at Theodore and he shook his head, saying that she should find a way on her own.