Chapter 57

Hina the High Priestess had decided it would be appropriate to host a party at the Sacred Temple, this gigantic greek-roman-style building was located in the middle of the city, rising up as tall and mighty as Zeus' temple, it had purple banners decorating the front with the symbol of a laurel etched in golden threats.

When the evening sun struck at just the right angle, the entire building seemed to radiate a holy aura. It was truly a beautiful sight to behold.

'...But this is a little bit too unnecessary.' Theodore thought uncomfortably as he watched his teammates hang out with the rest of the heroes, everyone on scene was invited to the celebration, so it became extremely lively within the temple. 'This doesn't seem appropriate...But I guess Hina does sort of own the place...'

He was standing in the farthest corner of the room at that moment, using his Demon Arts to conceal his presence from others, because of the cheery atmosphere, no one tried looking for him just yet. Theodore thought he should use this as an opportunity to be alone before he's eventually dragged out on stage.

'This is why I don't like parties...They're so...loud and annoying.' He took a sip from his bright red cup, tasting the sweetness of punch juice in his mouth. 'I would rather go hunt monsters...Heck, I would eat raw rats for a whole week if I must.'

It was weird, but Theodore had found out that raw meat didn't taste all that bad, it wasn't hard to guess that it was because of his non-human nature.

"Theodore."

"Wha—" His head instantly snapped towards the voice, out of everyone inside the temple, there's no mage strong enough to see through his illusions and he instantly became on guard when someone suddenly called his name.

It was a teenage boy, he had curly golden locks that flowed to his earlobes, his eyes were the same color as his hair, although looking closer, they seem to be giving off a soft glow. His clothings weren't anything special either, just a simple white t-shirt and jeans, covered by a brown trench coat that was way too big to fit his small stature, the boy was barely able to reach Theodore's shoulders.

At first, he was confused as to why this kid suddenly came up to him, but then he sensed something familiar about the teen. Frowning, he narrowed his eyes and asked. "...You're Asclepius, right?"

"Oh my! Your senses have gotten a lot keener!" Asclepius clasped his hands together and smiled brightly, like a proud parent being happy about their grown-up child. "Yessir! It's me, Asclepius—But I'll save us all the unnecessary chit-chat and get straight to the point."

"Straight to the point?"

The medicine god chuckled, hands still clasped together. "First of all...You absolutely rekt Zeus, I know he was in his possession form but you totally sent him back ashamed! Olympus became very lively because of you."

Theodore was just wondering what sort of method Zeus had used to descend onto earth, but it seemed that he just had a suitable meat suit candidate ready just like Ra.

"But that's why you need to be careful," Asclepius continued, his joyful tone suddenly turning dark. "You only took away twenty percent of Zeus' total strength, and Greek Gods have their way of getting a ton of devoted worshippers, it wouldn't take long until Zeus possesses another person and comes back for revenge."

"Ah that reminds me..." Theodore suddenly had a disturbing thought, his expression turning into a frown the moment it scraped through his mind. "What happened to the human? I killed Zeus but the body just—"

"Don't worry about that, once a god possesses the body for a certain amount of time, the soul disappears." Asclepius waved like he thought the topic didn't matter at all. "Most of them are crazed devotees...They're willing to commit suicide if it meant speeding up the possession process."

Revenge of the Serpentजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें