Chapter 52

Theodore jolted upwards as his blurry vision began to focus. He panted heavily before looking around to find himself in his human form sitting on his bed with a blanket over his legs. "...What?"

[The duration of the Skill 'First Deceptor' had been temporarily removed during your unconscious state.]

[Because of the skill's level up, 'First Deceptor' can now last up to 18 Hours.]

[The timer for the Skill 'First Deceptor' starts now.]

"Theo!" Merlin's voice came from his side and he turned to see his best friend by his bedside holding a half-read book in his hands. The ginger's expression was filled with worry as he spoke in a frantic voice. "Are you okay? You're out for five days, I thought something might have happened!"

"Ah, no..." Theodore shook his head as he dismissed the notification panels, he looked down at himself to see that someone had changed him into light blue pajamas. He brought one hand to his forehead and opened his attribute window, confirming that what had happened was real. "I...I'm fine, I was taken to a...dreamscape of sorts."

"What?"

Theodore began to explain what had happened during his sleep, he talked about his father and his supposed mother, Apophis. He had to pause a bunch of times before finally deciding to tell Merlin about Ra's plans.

"...What?"

"I know it sounds unbelievable," Theodore sighed. "But then again, I did come back from the dead, so just trust me on this one, okay?"

"Yeah." Merlin nodded, though despite agreeing to believe him, his voice still sounded skeptical. "And what do you plan to do about these...gods?"

"I'll first target Jörmungandr, out of all three he's probably the weakest..."

"Weakest? I thought it's the snake that can cause the end of the world." Merlin frowned.

"Well...Jörmungandr probably isn't even here yet, if he is then the world would've gone to sh*t by now."

Merlin tilted his head, eyes widened slightly as he thought about it for a moment. "You're right...There's the whole...Ragnarok thing going on around that snake. Still, where are you going to find Jörmungandr?"

Theodore went silent for a moment, though it wasn't because he didn't know what to say, he'd just realized that there was some information inside his head that certainly wasn't there before when he was in Apophis' domain. "...This is going to be confusing, but basically, I just know."

"You just know?" Merlin blinked a couple of times in pure disbelief.

"You can call it a sort of sense...I can feel where certain gods are...or 'were', they would leave a trace behind that could linger for a very long time if they used a lot of divine power."

"...How?"

"I'm not sure," Theodore shrugged. "I inherited basically everything from Apophis, including knowledge, so that's most likely how I know."

Merlin leaned back against his chair as he lightly threw the book in his hand onto a nightstand beside him. "This is getting crazy...I thought it's just going to end the moment those guys pay for what they did."

Theodore's gaze went down to his hands resting on top of the blanket. "You could say that I was being used this entire time...Gaining power that in the end would be used to fight a war between gods."

Merlin scoffed. "That sounds ridiculous."

"It does." Theodore nodded in agreement as he felt the corner of his lips slightly tugged upwards. "Still, if we just let the gods do as they wish...The human world will be swept up in a big mess. We need to do everything we can to prevent that."