Chapter 25

Theodore broke into a large bunker-like room with bright lights shining from above, the area was mostly empty apart from a giant machine located in the middle, just behind where Lawrence was being held.

It looked like something out of a sci-fi movie, it has a big rectangular base with stairs leading up to a circular structure built on top of the foundation, behind and beside it were multiple thick wires leading to what seemed to be giant power generators near the walls.

Without fear, Theodore made his way from the doorway towards his father, after seeing his condition, his blood boiled with rage, but he kept himself calm for now and focused on healing the wounds.

In almost an instant, Lawrence’s body started glowing a soft green, and soon his injuries would start to disappear one by one, until eventually, the man's eyes flung open. He lifted his head and looked at his son, a mixture of confusion and disbelief etched on his tired expression. “…Theodore?”

Theodore smiled. “You did great, I’m here now.” He grabbed the manacles that bound the old man to the chair and crushed it in his hands, the other two people within the room could only watch with wariness as he broke his father out of his confinements.

Lawrence stood up from the bloody chair and rubbed his wrist. “We need to talk about ‘this’ later, let’s get out of here.”

“Hey now,” Suddenly, Gabriel spoke up with his hands extended in front of him, while the man was still being cautious, he wasn’t going to just let his prey escape that easily. “I won’t let you leave unscathed.”

Theodore glanced at his father then back at Gabriel. “So? How about I kill you right now?”

The man let out a burst of laughter. “Oh, child, you can’t defeat me.”

Theodore narrowed his eyes and activated ‘Gaze of Wisdom’.

<<Name: Gabriel Griffins

HP: 600,000/600,000

Status Condition: None. Healthy.

Species: Awakened Human

Age: 52

Rank: S

Class: Alchemist

Specialty: Great strategist. Alchemist master.

Equipment: [Can be unlocked through visual exposure.]

Elements: [Can be unlocked through visual exposure.]

[Level of the attribute ‘Gaze of Wisdom’ is still too low to view the other informations.]>>

Theodore huffed with a shake of his head. “No wonder you’re confident, that’s quite a big secret to keep from the world as an S rank.”

Gabriel didn’t seem surprised. “So it’s true, you have a dragon’s gaze, but my source also told me you’re supposed to be a very big snake?”

“I have my circumstances.” Theo grabbed the Ophiuchus’ Staff with two hands and began to pull something out of the pole, at first it came in the form of green light but when it's fully been parted from the staff, the silhouette began to shape itself into something new.

In only a few seconds, a sword had manifested.

<<Ophiuchus’ Sword

Rarity: S

Durability: Nigh unbreakable.

Type: Long Blade

Source: Eternal Purgatory [Domain Reward]