Chapter 21

[You are now facing ‘The First Fallen’.]

The way the System’s tone went low made Theodore shiver, he didn’t think that the boss would have a ‘second phase’, but then again, bosses usually have them so he couldn’t be that surprised either.

The problem was: How to beat Lucifer in this form?

‘He’s even stronger now…’

The fallen angel opened his palm and a fiery sword appeared, it burned brighter than the last one that he’d summoned and its blade was longer too. “I’ll end this quickly.”

Lucifer drew his sword in a straight line and a slash of fire shot towards Theodore, he quickly slithered out of its trajectory and as soon as the attack struck the floor, a large explosion erupted, the gale wind created from the force even managed to make him stumble when it hit his side. ‘That was a single stroke?’

Lucifer’s brows furrowed in annoyance, he prepared to cut the air again but this time Theodore didn’t let him get off the movement. He activated his skills and shot bolts of lightning towards the angel and the velocity of the bolts didn’t give him time to react.

[The Personal Attribute ‘Scales of the Serpent’ has been activated!]

[The Skill ‘Wild Thunder’ has been activated!]

Theodore didn’t stop there though, he opened his mouth and let a column of holy fire rise from his mouth and struck Lucifer while he was still down, the electricity combined with the flames caused a minute explosion to occur, covering the battlefield with smoke again.

A soft ‘whoosh’ of wings could be heard coming from the fog and a figure shot straight into the sky, it was Lucifer, and he didn’t seem to be harmed from Theodore’s attacks at all apart from the previous wound on his side, which was still dripping blood. “Your resistance is futile.”

When Lucifer raised his sword above his head, the fire that made up the structure of the weapon changed color, instead of its regular dark red, it began to turn a shade of purple as dark magic radiated from its blade.

Theodore didn’t need anyone to tell him that this attack was going to be strong, he readied himself and activated a skill that he hadn't gotten to use in a while.

[The Personal Attribute ‘Agility’ has been activated! Your speed will increase tremendously!]

<<Speed: 425 —> 1275 (5 minutes)>>

The level three ‘Agility’ was doing wonders for him, even though the time limit was only five minutes, it should be enough for him to last until he could think of a counterattack.

Lucifer brought down his sword and a thunderous ‘boom’ accompanied its powerful strike, Theodore’s increased speed allowed him to dash across the room in a single second, when he turned around, he saw that the wall and floor had been split in half, revealing darkness behind them.

Theodore didn’t want to know what would happen if he fell into the pit, he suspected that it might be similar to falling off of a game map and you would die instantly. He didn’t have the time to be afraid and he immediately mustered up the strength to cast another spell.

However, pain would strike his body as soon as the magic circle was drawn in the air, when he’d come to his senses, he noticed that his spell had been broken instantly before anything could even come out of it. He could only watch in horror as small light blue shards of what was left of his magic circle vanished.

“I told you,” Lucifer lowered himself from the air, still hovering a few centimeters off the ground. “No magic can stand on equal grounds with mine.”