Chapter 5

Theodore stared in the direction where he'd heard the loud noise, he could feel a small trace of powerful mana coming from over there and immediately his interest was piqued.

"Humans?"

While some monsters are able to use magic like humans, he could tell the difference between the two with ease, after all, he was once considered a skillful mage when he was still a human.

<<Time Limit: 18 Minutes>>

The clock continued moving forward, prompting him to quickly make up his mind. He closed all of the screens before crossing the river and slithering towards the source of magic. "Let's see what's over there." He thought to himself, there's a possibility that he could get his last bits of experience points by stealing some kills.

.

.

.

<<Time Limit: 11 Minutes

[Notice! You should quickly finish the quest before the time limit! You'll be severely punished if the quest is not completed by that time!]>>

Theodore dismissed the message that appeared next to his vision as he continued to move forward. He'd heard multiple spells being casted during those lost minutes and was able to guess that it was a lightning mage's magic.

He became curious if he could win against that person in a fight, while lightning is considered to be the most powerful form of elemental magic, a mage still needs to have the skills to properly control it, so far, he'd never met anyone who could beat him when it comes to magic.

Although, he wouldn't be finding out any time soon since when he'd arrived at the scene, the mage was already swallowed by a large monster and only a single human remained, kneeling on the ground and had seemingly given up his will to fight.

<<Grey Hydra

Lvl. 50

Rank: B

Heads: Eight

Yield: 200,000 Exp.

[Difference in level detected]

>400,000 Exp.

Chance of Victory: 60%

Description: A Lesser Hydra that has more than four heads can grow to become a powerful 'Hydra'. It could have, at most, nine heads. A nine-headed Hydra would gain a massive power spike that is incomparable to the strength of its eight-headed version. However, it is every hydra's dream to evolve into this 'final form', so the chances of coming across one are extremely slim. Even so, a hydra with eight heads is still a monster to be fearful of, it can breathe fire at its enemies and its blood is extremely toxic, combine this with its fast regeneration, the Hydra becomes close to an unstoppable killing machine.

Expanded: Despite being seemingly invincible due to its skillset, The Hydra's strength is also its main weakness: If it loses its head, its strength will drop as well, and as shown in Greek Mythology, burning the wound can prevent it from regeneration the head back. But do be wary of the Hydra's flames, a smart one wouldn't let anyone get close enough to decapitate it that easily.>>

After 'Gaze of Wisdom' had reached level three, the information on the monsters given to him weren't random 'fun facts' like it'd once shown him when he was fighting the Chimera, now he could actually gain insight on the weaknesses of his targets.

Theodore's attention shifted towards the human on the ground, he could only see the person from the back, but after hearing 'him' speak, his eyes immediately widened with recognition. "...Merlin?"