Chapter 36

Immediately after waking up, Theodore began tinkering with the Serpent’s Arcane. After experiencing it first hand, he now understood that it was practically the same as the other Unique Magic, although instead of the spells being predetermined based on his needs and how the magic had awakened, the Serpent’s Arcane was something that needed to be improved and built upon on his own.

Now that he knew more about what he was dealing with, he got to work.

It was the most difficult thing he’d ever done in his two lifetimes, although he also found the challenge entertaining. He needed to draw a magic circle himself and even set a specific incantation to activate the spell.

The System had suggested to start small, so he’s currently trying to create his first Basic Spell.

Multiple magic circles of various sizes were spinning in front of his vision as he stared at the many panels next to him, it was created by the System to help him manage the Serpent’s Arcane easier.

[A Unique Magic such as this would usually take years to create.] Asclepius spoke in an awestruck tone as he watched Theodore work. [You’re lucky to have such an assistant, it’s practically cheating at this point.]

“I’ve been cheating ever since I’ve reincarnated.” Theodore spoke out loud, waving his hands around and the light screens moved to his motion. “Even so, this is hard…The circles kept breaking.”

Just as he said that, another magic circle shattered and slowly faded away.

[Um…I can’t say why it’s not working either, you’re doing everything perfectly. Anyway, what spell are you trying to make?]

“…Well, I don’t have anything specific in mind.”

There was a moment of silence before Asclepius spoke up again in a confused tone. [What…? That’s the most important part of creating a spell! You need to know what you’re making first!]

“Oh, really? I thought it would appear at random.”

[No! Didn’t Ouroboros just tell you that this Unique Magic is an empty shell? You need to fill it up on your own!]

Theodore genuinely thought he would be given a Basic Spell once he’d finished with the outline, the idea of him actually having the freedom to make ‘literally’ anything he wanted hadn’t crossed his mind once. “Oh…”

[Why didn’t System tell you?]

[Because he didn’t ask.] The System replied in its usual monotone voice, replicating Theodore’s.

He would ignore his own stupidity and thought about what sort of spell he wanted to create, since it was supposed to be a basic spell, he thought to experiment with it first. ‘Something like an energy beam should be easy…’

With that thought, he began moving around the panels and the magic circles once again, but since he now knew what he was doing, it didn’t take long for his first basic spell to manifest itself.

The five remaining magic circles in front of him slowly shifted into one, the lines adjusted and moved until it combined their distinct patterns into something new, the circle glowed a soft green, signaling that it’d now became a part of the Serpent’s Arcane.

[The Basic Spell ‘Venom Blast’ has been created.]

[‘Venom Blast’ has been added to the archive.]

<<Unique Magic: Serpent’s Arcane

Lvl.1
Type: Versatile Magic.
Requirement for Upgrade: Usage and increase proficiency.
Cooldown: Depends on spell (5 seconds to ???)