Chapter 39

The Hall of Sins, a large ancient castle-like building that stood atop of a jagged mountain, standing tall while watching over all of the demon realm, at the very top of the pointed roof was a giant glowing ball, filled with seemingly limitless energy, it glowed a soft gold and the light managed to lit up the entire area around the castle, giving the Hall of Sins more of a holy feeling rather than a sinister and evil place.

While the building only stood upright with no extension to the side, as soon as Theodore stepped past the metal gates, the entire area seemed to have increased tremendously in size, it was most likely four times larger than all of the rooms in Pearl Palace combined.

He stood to admire the interior of the Hall of Sins, past the hallway he was currently standing in was a wide, opened area with a blue translucent sphere floating in the middle, surrounded by golden overlapping rings that seemed to be keeping the ball confined in its space, it hovered around ten meters above the ground, allowing him to just about see the seven doorways that seemed to be heading somewhere, although despite not having any doors blocking the view, he couldn’t see passed the darkness at all.

There were little to no decorations inside, just intricate paintings drawn on the ceiling of the circular space, seemingly depicting a picture of all the seven demon kings in the form of their animal counterparts. He couldn’t recognize a lot of them since he wasn’t well-versed with the symbolism, though he knew who the dragon, the goat, and the snake were.

‘Mammon. Asmodeus. Theodore.’ He thought to himself. ‘…My name sounds weird when grouped with them.’

“That door is the arena.” The sound of a woman spoke up beside him, it was Asmodeus, she’d guided his friends and his father inside the building since they insisted on coming with him after knowing that spectators were allowed to watch the fight. “That ball is called ‘Drocer’, I have no clue why but Lucifer gave it that name when he built it, though it’ll show you the scenes in the arena once the battle starts.”

Theodore looked ahead to where Asmodeus was initially pointing, each gate had a colored door frame corresponding to each demon king, the one that she’d mentioned was right in front of him, outlined in deep crimson with the crest of a lion in the middle.

“…The door just screams Wrath.” Theo tilted his head with a hint of curiosity.

“Well, usually these rooms contain the records of the individual demon king, although the space inside can also be changed to ‘Test Halls’ corresponding to certain information that the Hall of Sins needed to update.” Asmodeus explained in her usual cheery tone.

Before Theodore could say anything, the sound of footsteps echoed from behind him, he turned to face the entrance and saw six figures emerging through the large gates. He immediately but carefully walked towards them, stopping in front of the three humans while Asmodeus stood on her guard as well.

Silence enveloped the entire hall, but then one of the six people perked his head from the back, and as soon as his eyes landed on Theodore, he shouted angrily while pointing towards him. “You…!”

Theodore narrowed his eyes at Mammon, who wore the exact same suit just like the first time he’d met him on the battlefield. “What? Did you think that I wouldn’t show up?”

“I thought you were supposed to be a snake!” Mammon replied back, still in his angry tone.

Theodore looked at Asmodeus and she just shrugged at him, he turned back towards Mammon and sighed. “I thought you guys can see people’s true form or whatever.”

Greed seemed slightly taken aback by his comment. “I…I just didn’t bother to check! You’re just a lucky monster either way!”

“Mammon, you know this guy?” Another demon king spoke among the crowd, he was taller than the rest of his peers, standing at around seven feet tall, his arms and legs ripped with muscles and he seemed to be wearing a black japanese kimono, judging from his white hakama, he was trying to imitate the look of a high-class samurai.