Chapter 70

Osiris sat on a large obsidian throne. He has a tall, slender body. His skin was an odd green, matching with his golden eyes. He wore traditional Egyptian royal garb: a pleated kilt, a broad collar necklace riddled with glitters, and a tall, flat-topped crown with two feathers on both sides.

'Clang.'

As Osiris turned to look at them, the golden chains binding him to his seat moved along with him. There were unnatural wounds and burn marks visible on his exposed skin. Blood, debris and charred objects littered the throne room, hinting of a battle. The loser of that fight sat half conscious while unable to move.

"Osiris..." Thoth didn't stand around for long. He quickly moved forward but Osiris shook his head, blood streaming out of the gaping cut on his neck.

'Don't move.' Osiris mouthed. His dull eyes staring at the ground in front of Thoth. The wisdom god halted just in time, stepping back and turned to Theodore.

"I can't see any traps...Why is he telling me to stop?"

Theodore frowned, looking at a particular spot on the floor. A symbol glistened clearly through his True Dragon Eyes. A winged sun disk. The central circle surrounded by intricate wings spread wide with a sense of glory. The celestial aura encircling it gave away its origins. "...There's something on the ground."

"Hm?" Thoth lowered to the floor, carefully extending his hand towards the dust-covered stone. His eyes darted to Osiris. The dead god didn't seem too eager to stop him. Sighing with relief, he tapped the ground.

'Shing!'

Thoth flinched, pulling his hand back immediately. He staggered backwards as the symbol revealed itself with a bright flash. Its aura of cosmic power panning outwards in every direction, its vine-like arms looking to whip everything that was too close to them. "Ah...to think Ra would use the symbol of protection in such a manner..."

"Can you dispel it?" Theodore backed away as well, his eyes fixated on Osiris' tattered form. "He doesn't look too good...Can gods even bleed to death?"

"Osiris has died once...Although..." Thoth suddenly paused. "Even I am not sure. Ra is still the king of the Egyptian deities, but Osiris now follows the rules of the Underworld, as Duat's ruler, he technically shouldn't die."

Theodore shifted his attention to the blaring winged sun disk. Osiris shouldn't die—No, he 'can't' die. Underworld gods cannot ever be killed in their own domain. That was the written rule of the divine world. But what about sealing them?

He crept closer towards Osiris. The god's eyes widened as he frantically shook his head. He couldn't speak, but his intentions were clear: Don't do something foolish!

Theodore didn't stop. Why would he? He has a plan. He would never willingly walk into a trap without preparations.

[The 'Winged Solar Disk' glares at you!]

[The Unique Spell 'Chaos Reigns' is in effect!]

[The 'Winged Solar Disk' had lost sight of its target. Its effects 'Divine Protection' has been deactivated!]

Thoth's beak fell open. "How...How did you get through?"

Theodore turned around. His body engulfed in a chaotic energy, it occasionally clashed against the sun disk's cosmic aura, but it would be brushed off the moment it made contact. "I'm a God of Chaos. Breaking rules are kind of my thing."

Thoth didn't reply for a few seconds, then abruptly bursted into a fit of laughter. His hand shot to his beak as he shook his head. "Oh that's right...You do specialize in such things...Can I go through like you?"