Chapter 2

Theodore's body suddenly went numb and heavy, he laid his head on the cool stone floor of the cave and slowly closed his eyes. A sudden wave of drowsiness hit him without warning and his visions wavered, everything blurred and started to fade until it went completely black.

It felt like only seconds had passed and his sight returned to him. He'd always wondered how some animals sleep without closing their eyes, but now he knew. He dismissed his thoughts and perked his head up to look at his body, noticing that he'd indeed grown longer and his scales slightly overlapped each other; the smooth, steel-like plates looked very enchanting. He could've been a very majestic creature if not for his pathetic size. "Status."

<<Name: Theodore Varon

Species: Green Pit Viper (1.5 Meters) (Evolutions Available)

Lvl: 7

EXP: 0/4000

Skill Points: 0

HP: 320/320

MP: 260/260

Attack: 14

Speed: 17

Defense: 8

Charm: 2

Intelligence: 12

Magic: 11

Personal Attributes: Gaze of Wisdom (Lvl.1). Thermal Vision (Lvl.MAX). Venom (Lvl.2). Agility (Lvl. 1). Tongue Receptor (Lvl. 1).

Skills: Ice Magic (Lvl. 1)>>

He was surprised that his 'Charm' stat actually increased from the slight change in his appearance, even though it was by two points, he still felt happy about it. His green orbs looked up at the small hole in the ceiling before crawling onto the surface. Now that he'd leveled up and evolved, he felt confident enough to go around hunting for more levels. Hopefully to the point where he could kill a monster within the time limit. "It's time..."

Theodore wasted no more time and got to hunting, he flicked his tongue and his personal attribute 'Tongue Receptor' immediately activated. This was the skill all snakes have in their arsenal, however, he was a snake blessed by a god, so his senses were a lot sharper. He immediately detected several prey somewhere to his right and began to slither towards them.

His eyes landed on a small bird pecking at the ground and 'Gaze of Wisdom' gave him its information.

<<Great Tit

Lvl. 2

Yielding: 5 Exp.

Description: They're quite small with distinctive patterns on their bodies. The largest one could grow to only about 14 centimeters. They love to make their nests in a tree hole while some will use gaps between rocks.>>

An actual description this time. Theodore made a mental note about these birds' nesting habits since they could come in useful later on. After looking at it, he concluded that the five experience points they give are quite decent at this level. He slowly crawled towards the bird, careful not to startle it with his movements, his scales were a slightly darker shade of green, so he had no problem blending in with the bushes and leaves around him.

Once he was only a finger away from the tit, he prepared himself, tightening his muscles, before springing forward and opening his jaw wide. The bird, after hearing the sudden noise, tried to fly away on instinct, however, it was too slow. The small avian could only let out one pained chirp before dying in between the viper's fangs. It was small enough to fit in his mouth and he didn't need to use a single drop of his venom.

Theodore held the bird's body in his mouth for a moment, contemplating whether he should eat or drop it. His inner human soul was shouting at his snake instincts that eating a raw, dead bird is unsanitary. However, his empty stomach prevailed in the end and he decided to grit his teeth and swallow the bird. A small bulge formed at his abdomen but it didn't hinder his movements and he continued to slither forward, flicking his tongue in search of another prey.