Chapter 44

Asmodeus quickly went to Theodore’s side, standing on her guard as she held her whip defensively, her body still glowing a soft green hue while her wounds began to heal up. “…It’s Wrath’s trump card, he can turn his and others rage into strength, those black things are made using that skill too.”

“Like that one comic character?” Theodore spoke jokingly, although his tone didn’t change so Asmodeus couldn’t tell and stared at him with a look of confusion on her face.

He didn’t bother trying to explain to her and focused on Samuel, who had decided to initiate the first attack, the demon king rushed forward with his sword pulled back, ready to deliver a horizontal strike when he was close enough.

Theodore was about to cast an ice spell to attack Wrath, although he would need to stop drawing his magic circle since something else seemed to be moving from underneath the both of them.

“Sh*t!” Asmodeus cursed and moved to the side, which prompted Theodore to do the same, and immediately after, a bunch of dark spikes would shoot upwards, going up as high as ten meters, it would’ve skewered the both of them if they were just a second too slow.

But because they were too busy dodging that attack, Wrath had plenty of time to close in the distance, but he didn’t aim for Theodore at all and instead strike towards Asmodeus, who luckily managed to deflect the blade away with her whip, she used the reflected force to create distance between the two of them before extending out her hand.

A purple magic circle appeared on the ground in front of her and expanded before ten tentacles shot up from within accompanied by a monster-like screech, the slimy, octopus-like tendrils would shot towards Wrath, although the demon king simply flicked his sword and all of them would be cut into little pieces.

Samuel jumped onto the fallen tentacles while continuing to cut the ones that were still moving, making his way closer and closer to Asmodeus.

Theodore knew he needed to do something or else Wrath would easily kill Asmodeus, he casted two spells at once, one of them caused black mist to rise from underneath him.

[Shadow Wrap.]

The moment he appeared, Theodore found Samuel’s longsword coming straight for his body, he gritted his teeth and took the hit, causing the blade to cut straight into his side. Wrath was slightly confused as to why he would willingly take that hit for Asmodeus, but he would then realize that his sword was now stuck inside the scales.

“What…?” Samuel frowned just as Theodore’s second spell became active, the golden magic circle appeared right above Wrath’s head and it left the dom no chance to dodge.

[Silent Judgment.]

A loud scream erupted from Samuel as the holy spell struck him directly, it burned through the constructs created from ‘Unstoppable Malice’ though despite the skill trying to repair the damage, the demon king’s wounds didn’t heal just like them and he was heavily injured afterward.

Wrath tried to back up and created distance, however Asmodeus would suddenly appear from behind Theodore and struck him with her whip, the gashing wound on her chest had grown bigger and deeper, meaning that she’d once again activated ‘Sadomasochist’

The attack sent Wrath flying backwards, his body crashing onto the frozen ground until it would finally stop his momentum. Samuel unsteadily got up from the ground, blood seeping through his gritted teeth, he shook his right hand to the side and the same longsword appeared in his grip once again as his eyes continued to burn angrily.

Theodore followed up Asmodeus’ attack and drew three magic circles.

A large one appeared up ahead of them, growing big enough to cover the entire area of Devouring Winter, and in the center of the circle a black ball began to expand, increasing its energy in the process.