Chapter 11

After sending the students home, Theodore and Merlin made their way back to GCG's building.

The sun was slowly moving past the horizon and the streaks of orange light began to fade, replaced by the dark blue of the night. The birds went quiet as if the setting sun had told him that the day's over.

It wouldn't take long until the moon was up.

Merlin was sitting on his bed, staring at Theodore who was staring at the scenery of the night through the pocket dimension's window. "...Did something happen?"

"What?" Theo turned his head towards the ginger, realizing that his friend was looking at him with concern. "Oh...I guess you couldn't understand its words then."

"Who?"

"That dragon said something before it died." He replied in a grimmed tone, causing nervousness to show on the redhead's face.

"W—what did it say?"

"Be careful what you wish for, human."

Merlin flinched, his eyes widened with surprise. "It knew you were human?"

"Not just the dragon, while I was hunting, I met with a 'lesser fenrir', it seemed to know my ice magic." Theodore sighed after a shake of his head. "I don't know what's going on, but it seems that there's more to the 'First Gate' incident than we might think."

The ginger hummed. "I mean...Magic did come alongside those monsters so maybe that's how they knew?"

"Possibly." Theodore shook his head. "Only if that dragon didn't say that 'someone' would be coming for me."

Merlin cringed. "That's creepy, what the hell?"

Theodore began crawling towards the pocket dimension. "I don't know, but that's why I need to get stronger. This much will definitely won't be enough if even a dragon was so sure that I can't do anything to that 'someone'."

"Then...What are you going to do?"

"What do you think? Tomorrow I'll go kill everything in Delphi Forest." He looked at his friend with a cold gaze. "I won't let anything get in my way, not until I get my revenge on Rhys."

'Ring! Ring!'

A ringstone broke the serious atmosphere in an instant, Merlin frantically searched his pockets and took out his smartphone. He frowned at the number on the screen since he didn't recognize it, either way, he picked up. "Hello?"

The redhead suddenly went pale, his eyes round with shock. "M—Mister Varon?"

Hearing the name, Theodore immediately slithered towards his friend and was on the bed in a millisecond. He spoke with a distraught voice. "Merlin! Who is that?"

"Yes...Yes! I'll come to you right now!" After ending the call, the ginger turned to look at him with a mixture of panic and relief on his face.

"Theo...It's your father!"

.

.

.

Lawrence was standing in an alleyway almost a kilometer away from his apartment, the sky had already gone dark, leaving only the street lights and the moon to illuminate his surroundings.

It'd been an hour since he called Merlin Everhart.

Nonetheless, he patiently waited for the younger man to come. He already knew the situation between him and Rhys Griffins, although due to the slave collar, the ginger can't tell him the exact details of what was actually going on.