Chapter 56

I've spent some time writing a bunch of chapters and completely forgot to upload one. This is what happens when you can't follow your intended schedules...Anyhow, I'll be posting 3 Chapters today (Chapter 56-58) as an apology for not updating sooner!

Thank you for your patience and enjoy reading!

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

While the awakened humans fought with a god, the Serpent threatened to swallow the Sun, Theodore seemed to be gaining the upper hand against Ra, his gigantic body weaving incoming fiery spikes that the sun god shot towards him while he counteracted with his own shards of ice, which unlike his opponent, actually managed to land.

Ra gritted his teeth in annoyance, Gabriel Griffin's once blue eyes had now turned into a hot gold, clearly expressing that someone else had occupied that body. [What makes you think a fletchling god like you could oppose the heavens?]

[Oh please, don't let that be your last words.] Theodore was sort of getting tired of these people speaking like they rule the world, especially if that someone couldn't even dodge a basic spell properly.

Anyhow, his words had successfully managed to anger his opponent, and Ra began to gather more energy around his palms, fire thrash violently from his fingers and swiftly shot towards Theodore, forming the shape of a giant hawk.

The bird let out a fierce cry as its wide wings beat against the air, the booming noise causing the air to ripple. However, while this spell might seem threatening, Theodore simply swatted it away with his tail, which was encased in another layer of the skill 'Scales of the Serpent'

His defenses were practically through the roof at that moment.

[Warning! The effects of 'Equality' on the target 'King of Olympus' has 2 Minutes remaining!]

After hearing that notification, Theodore turned towards the other group of heroes that were fighting Zeus, it seemed that for the time being, no one was gaining the upper hand, but this has to change now. [Guys! Hurry up and end it in two minutes!]

"What? Why?" Merlin shouted back as he shot an arrow at the lightning god, it embedded itself into his thigh which had incidentally supported Frey and Eugene at the front line, both of them began raining down attack after attack the moment they saw Zeus staggering from the wound.

[Zeus has a debuff on him right now!]

"Roger!" Instead of his friends answering him, the High Priestess Hina spoke instead, she clasped her hands together in a prayer before beginning to mutter something under her breath, not long after, the team main attackers became engulfed in colorful light, signaling that they'd been affected by buffs.

Seeing this, the other supporters began to cast as many spells as possible and stack them on top of the High Priestess', it didn't take long until crazed fighters began to violently attack Zeus, showing absolutely no mercy behind each hit.

'Equality doesn't nullify buffs applied after the skill is used, things are looking good.' Theodore turned his focus back to Ra, who'd begun to resummon the undead Egyptian soldiers that he'd gotten rid off before, though this time the numbers seemed to have increased and their eyes were giving off a dangerous look.

Ra himself looked to be exhausted, sweat dropped from his chin but his heavy gaze stared at Theodore with stubbornness. [I will not lose to a mere child!]

[Warning! 'King of Scorching Heaven' is breaking a big taboo!]

Theodore immediately felt that something was off, the aura that Ra was giving off was a lot more powerful than before, at first, he didn't know what was going on until the sun god suddenly shouted at Zeus. [Use it! We need to win at all costs!]