Chapter 34

Merlin stared at Theodore with a mixture of confusion and disbelief. He turned towards Eugene as if to see if he’d heard the same thing, and the brunet’s expression spoke for itself. “What?”

Theodore put his hands out in a defensive gesture. “Hear me out, while Hell doesn’t sound like a place where you want to live, I can assure you that it’s a hundred percent safe.”

Lawrence looked skeptical, even if he was willing to place his trust on his son, he wasn’t too keen on sending himself to Hell. “I want to believe you, Theodore, but wouldn’t somewhere else be nicer? Maybe we could hide in the mountains or…”

“Palace.” Theodore interrupted his father and gained the attention of the other two. “I have a newly built palace there, you guys can enjoy luxury for the rest of your lives.”

Merlin's expression instantly made a one-eighty, his eyes practically sparkling after hearing his best friend’s words. “Really? You have a palace in Hell?”

Eugene still wasn’t buying it, he crossed his arms and stared at Theo with his singular eye. “You were away for only a few days, how is that even possible?”

Theodore scoffed as his hands fell to his side. “Remember when I told you that I killed Lucifer? Now that his seat is empty, I have every right to take it.”

Eugene frowned with widened eyes. “So you’re a demon king now?”

“Exactly, I made some friends over there and she gave me her new palace.”

“Friend?” Merlin tilted his head, he was probably thinking about how friendly a place like Hell could be.

“You’ll get to meet her soon, I had her take care of the palace in the meantime.”

'Rustle!'

Theodore suddenly flinched and turned around, staring out towards the dense trees, he could just barely make out the sound of footsteps and heavy weapons clanging against each other. He frowned before whispering. “…We should leave right now.”

Eugene had a stern expression as he stared towards the same direction as him. “They’re about fifteen meters away.”

Theodore concentrated on the Demon Arts magic and quickly casted a spell.

[Domain Recall]

Black smoke rose from underneath his feet and slowly began to creep up his legs. “Get close to me, hurry!”

All of them hurriedly walk to him and the dark mist grew towards them as well, when Theo knew that everyone was ready, he sped up the teleportation and caused the smoke to burst upwards, engulfing everyone inside of it before it would expand outwards and disperse, revealing nothing but empty air on where four men should have been standing.

From the bushes, a group of fully armed soldiers in black protective gear emerged forward, each of them holding their own specialized weapon, it wasn’t hard to guess that they were Heroes.

The woman at the front lifted her visors and lowered her katana, her azure blue eyes swept across the area but much to her dismay, she didn’t find what she was looking for. “Sh*t…! They must’ve already left.”

A lean man would step forward while lazily supporting himself with his magical staff. “I can feel a trace of dark magic, they were just here a moment ago, ma’am.”

“Dark magic?” The woman frowned. “But our source said none of our targets was a mage.”

The magician didn’t say anything back, practically saying that he didn’t know anything about it either.