Chapter 19

Theodore obviously tried again. He sucked in a deep breath and a column of fire shot onto Eugene's figure, bathing him in healing fire that should've fixed up his wounds, but no matter how many times he used the skill, the injuries were still there.

"What's going on? Why isn't he healed?" Merlin's brows were tied into a knot as he stared worryingly at Eugene.

"I don't know…" Theodore could tell though that at the very least Uriel's Blessings had abbreviated the pain since Eugene was fast asleep and doesn't seem to be in agony anymore.

He turned his head to look at the mess around them, more specifically, he was staring at one of the skinny monsters.

<<Teenage Demon

HP: 0/2700,000

Lvl. 70
Rank: B+
Subspecies Name: White Stinger
Yield: 0 [Dungeon monsters do not give EXP.]

Chance of Victory: 200%

Strength: The White Stingers are a variety of the Stinger Demons which utilizes their whip-like tail in a battle, while each Stinger has different specialties, the White Stinger in particular have deadly venom at the tip of their tail, the gland that produces this poison is extremely small yet it can produce enough of the substance to put down a hundred regular humans.
Weakness: Because of their pale skin, they're extremely vulnerable to sunlight, their bodies are also frail since they utilize their poison and agility in a battle, they don't fare well against those with armor or those that can hit extremely hard. However, when put under stress, they will try to close in on their target and violently assault them with their claws and fangs.

Description: [Hidden as per requested].>>

'System, give me the details of the poison.'

[The level of the Personal Attribute 'Gaze of Wisdom' is too low.]

'…System, please.'

[I cannot give you the information.]

Anger rose in his chest. 'Someone is about to die here, just this once, tell me how to make the antidote.'

[…]

'System.'

[…]

"Oh for f*cks sake!"

Merlin was startled by the sudden shouting. "What's wrong? Is Eugene going to die?"

"Not if this stupid system listens to me!" Theodore looked at the werewolf for a moment before taking a deep breath, calming himself down. "Okay, fine, have it your way. I won't complain anymore, just tell me what I need to do."

[You have unlocked a new quest.]

<<Main Quest #2

Desperate times call for desperate measures, but this is also your opportunity to get stronger! Behind that gate lies a powerful monster, a creature so powerful that you might not make it out alive, like tugging at a sleeping dragon's tail, however, that's just a part of the risk—Are you willing to go that far to save a friend?

-Kill and Consume '???' (0/1)
-Reach Level 40 (0/1)
-Awake a new Bloodline (0/1)

Time Limit: Until Eugene Brooks' death. (3 Hours.)

Rewards: Accelerated evolution (1 Use. Obtainable when killing '???'). A choice of a new Personal Attribute, Skill, and Bloodline Skill. 20 Skill Points.>>

Theodore would've been mad if not for the amount of rewards that this quest could give him, the timing was ever so slightly inappropriate but that can be ignored, besides that, he could potentially get a skill that could save Eugene, it's a win-win as long as he wins the fight with whatever was behind the gate.